Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

CBS News Reporter Lara Logan raped or sexually assaulted in Cairo

Old 02-16-2011, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Tib
Default CBS News Reporter Lara Logan raped or sexually assaulted in Cairo

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b226...dent_lara.html

Why do they send the beautiful blond haired blue eyed female reporter over to the middle east?

I'm just sick of American TV news. They send over people like her and Anderson Cooper who couldn't stick out like a soar thumb more and then act surprised when bad things happen to them in a volatile area.

Instead of being real journalists anymore and investigating a story and trying to blend in they go over and act like they're doing late show interviews. They think everything is just an entertainment bit.

It's a shame this happened to her but I blame it on American arrogance.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

From her quotes, she most likely has high career goals. Journalists must risk their lives because that's how they become famous. They must "take advantage" of any opportunity they get.

But I agree, however she's a tough girl from South Africa. You can tell she's not your typical average person, but a passionate one with personal opinions. I was surprised at what she says here, perhaps saying that the U.S. media is censored, or a bunch of blabber:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT-Hq117w8s

I feel kind of bad for her but hey she had it coming! Some NYU Professor got fired for saying a joke about this recently. Freedom of Speech, bull squat.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

She had it coming will be the official message from the imams over there . . . not that you will hear it published on the mainstream press here. A rape is always the woman's fault under sharia, period. Fun part is, if she's married then she becomes an adulteress, and is subject to further abuse up to and including stoning. to. death.