Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Caught On Camera: Alpharetta Cop Parked In Handicap Spot

Old 07-22-2010, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Accent
Default Caught On Camera: Alpharetta Cop Parked In Handicap Spot

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/24342938/detail.html

Caught On Camera: Alpharetta Cop Parked In Handicap Spot

Posted: 4:35 pm EDT July 21, 2010
Updated: 5:02 pm EDT July 21, 2010

ALPHARETTA, Ga. -- The Alpharetta Police Department is investigating one of its own.
A viewer e-mailed Channel 2 Action News reporter Diana Davis photos of an Alpharetta police car parked in the handicapped zone at the QT on Milton Parkway.

Brian Davis told Davis that the officer sat there for at least 20 minutes blocking the handicapped ramp.
Brian Davis said there was no emergency and called the officer’s actions “an outrage and an arrogant abuse of power.”
Brian Davis, who had a handicapped family member, said the officer’s actions represents a lack of respect.
“The police feel like they can do what they want, how they want, and the laws they are supposed to enforce and protect and serve don’t apply to them,” said Brian Davis. He said the spaces are clearly marked and could not have been overlooked.
The Alpharetta Police Department said it has launched an internal investigation to determine the facts.
The department said it “expects its officers to set an example for the community and that such behavior is unacceptable and won’t be tolerated."

Disabled driver Chuck Elander said he has had it with folks parking in handicapped spots .
“I’m embarrassed for them that they feel they can’t walk an extra 15 or 20 feet … I mean that’s kind of pathetic,” said Elander.
Just last month, the Conyers police chief publicly apologized for parking in a handicapped spot. He fined himself $300.
Alpharetta police won’t say what, if any, punishment their officer will receive.
The maximum fine for parking in a handicapped spot is $500.

Good thing the cop didnt see the person taking the pic. They would have ended up in jail for "illegally" taking a pic of a cop. headshake.gif
Old 07-22-2010, 08:50 AM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Their reporting style bothers me. Every paragraph is a sentence...
Old 07-22-2010, 10:12 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

^ That's Georgia in general. If we had education in the top... oh say..... 50% (I know, that's asking A LOT) we might produce productive members of society. Case AND point!

I for one am just generally sick of the "good 'ol boy" mentality around here. All of the cops are legacies, in fact the entire judicial system is like a family reunion. I once got a ticket in Tifton, GA (the left arm pit of hell) for doing 90 in a 55 zone. Mind you this was a 70 zone and I was pulled out of gridlocked traffic along with a white Crossfire. I knew I was screwed when the cop was walking up and doing his best Buford T. Justice impression (doubtful it was intentional) he reached over to his walkie and said "i just pulled over some smartass kid in a 'poursh'. [It's pronounced Porsche damnit!] To add insult to injury when he brought back the ticket it was for the guy in the Crossfire, also his license and insurance; angry cop is not any nicer when he's caught wrong. I tried to fight it but was basically told that no local lawyer will touch it because the cop "clearly" had best interest in mind. That's redneck code for "don't be bringin' yer dern fancy cars down our way." Then I heard the same story from a bunch of people basically saying that any time these guys see nice foreign or exotic car they target it, it's all one big redneck circle jerk.
[/rant]
Old 07-22-2010, 08:28 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

No, it's written like that because it's based off of the actual video clip.

Anyways.. Yes, I'm mad that a Cop would do something like that.. but it makes me more mad when someone else does it.