Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

To Catch A Thief

Old 05-28-2008, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Some of you know that the night before last my tib was broken into and my subs and amp were stolen. I've filed a police report and it looks like my insurance will cover it, but I'm still pissed and if there's some far fetched chance I could catch the guys responsible, I'd love to do it. I've already left a description with the car audio shop right down the street and will be calling local pawn shops myself, along with checking e-bay and craigslist. These jacka**es are stupid, they stole my stereo equipment in the hatch, but along with leaving my deck they also left my $200 craftsman tool set and CD's in the back seat, so I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to sell this stuff all together.

So, on that note, I'm going to post the information here in case any of you want to help with the online search. smile.gif

Stolen Equipment:
2 Sony 12" Subwoofers
    [*]Red[*]Pentagonal[*]Model Number: XS L121P5[*]Description Link[/list]
    1 Rockford Fosgate Amplifier
      [*]Grey[*]Red Logo[*]Model Number: 301m[*]Description Link[/list]
      1 Capacitor
        [*]Unknown Brand[*]Voltage Readout[/list]
        1 Box
          [*]2x12"[*]Dark Grey[/list]
          1 Bolt Amplifier
            [*]Yellow/Silver[*]Crappy Looking[*]Was attached to side of sub box from an old install[/list]
            If all of this is sold together just as it was taken, the subs will be in the box, the cap will be on the top of the box on the left, the Rockford amp will be on the top of the box on the right, and the Bolt amp will be on the right side.

Items were stolen from Wyoming, Michigan, which is in south Grand Rapids, zip code 49519.

Let me know if anyone can turn something up. smile.gif
Old 05-28-2008, 01:53 PM

Sorry to hear that bud. I'll keep a look out on the several forums I am a part of.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:30 PM

hm... car in a shady area? other things..? i would guess its an aquaiantance. thats usally who they are stolen by.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:53 PM

Sucks, well time to get an alarm on the tib then huh.? Did you have any stikerz on your car advertising the goods inside?
Old 05-29-2008, 04:11 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

^^ no on the steal me stickers, CAJ is very low key.

I about crapped when i saw you talking in the shoutbox about this bud. i had just got back from buying all my drivers for my system.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:08 AM

Not a shady area, actually not a bad part of town at all. Also I'm certain it was no one I know, I dont have friends in the kind of crowd that breaks into cars.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:56 AM

that sux, i have those same subs too lol. good luck with your investigation
Old 05-29-2008, 05:05 PM

Damn that sucks.. any pics of the system installed. It will make it easier to tell if we see it
Old 05-29-2008, 05:20 PM

Yeah, hooked up my old hard drive today to try to find pics of it. What's really stupid is that out of thousands of photos I've taken and dozens of photos of my car, I can't find a single one of the system. Seriously, I have pictures of my car, pictures of other peoples trunks, even pictures of a sound system in the trunk of a DIFFERENT tib, but never thought to take one of my own. If I come across one I'll post it up here.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:22 AM

dang man that suxs, sorry to hear that. i'll keep a look out, i hope you find your stuff/find the people who broke in