Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Car Is Paid Off!!

Old 04-04-2005, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, good news!! I recieved the title to the car in the mail today!! Wheww, what a relief. I knew I had paid it off a couple of weeks ago and I was already contemplating my next move..should I buy a hot new car and keep the Tib? No, I'm in the process buying the townhouse next to mine for rental property!! I'm more then happy with the RD2 and will be keeping it untill it dies.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:52 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Congratulations!
Old 04-04-2005, 04:32 PM

yay! You sure you want to buy the place next to yours to rent it out? Granted the tenets will never be able to sneak anything past you, but it would drive me nuts to hear people in the next place over and wondering if they were hurting MY property
Old 04-04-2005, 05:01 PM

Thanks guys, it's a relief to have one less bill for now.

QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Apr 4 2005, 10:32 PM)
yay! You sure you want to buy the place next to yours to rent it out? Granted the tenets will never be able to sneak anything past you, but it would drive me nuts to hear people in the next place over and wondering if they were hurting MY property

The place next to ours is very pretty on the inside, it would literally kill me if I knew people were screwing it up. What I want to do is create a list of possible expenses on the deposite so that way the tenants will know what they're paying if they damage anything, of course there are always those "unforeseen" accdients that happen. I will not rent to college kids and will carefully screen occupants and do a background and credit search. I've heard that the navy base here may expand on personel so this is a good time to acquire rental property. Right now, my realitor is drawing up a contract for the seller and we'll see what happens.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:08 PM

Congrats! I'm only $3,000 away from paying off mine.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:40 PM

hows it feel to join the paid of crowd? *hands mic over to you* now your one of us cool ones, ya, hippity hop *pops collar*
Old 04-05-2005, 06:11 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

/\ rolleyes.gif

ANYWAY, congrats Cyber, I can't wait to pay off my car/school loan, It'll be a good day.

As for the property, that is awesome. I will never rent again but there are the few that renting works good for. In the future I hope to rent out property myself. It's an easy way to keep cash flowing. As long as nothing serious happens to the persons, or property.

Congratulations man.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:20 AM

Lucky! Good for you tho. I still owe quite a bit more than I could sell the car for 02.gif
Old 04-06-2005, 09:49 PM

QUOTE (UltraTibby @ Apr 5 2005, 01:20 PM)
Lucky! Good for you tho. I still owe quite a bit more than I could sell the car for 02.gif

Jeez, when did you get it and how much do you owe? I bought mine for around $9,400 including all of the fees. Right now I owe around $3,000... and I bought the car May 14th, 2004 with $4,500 down.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:33 PM

Congrats!

My .02 here is this: Take collision off your tib ASAP. With the mods I have on my car, I'd hate to get into an accident and have it totaled (and taken from me). Remember that a vehicle is declared a total when the cost of repair exeeds the value of the car. When you pay for collision protection, the insurance company really owns the car although you have the title. in my case, my tib is worth $800 (odometer reads 125k, 97 tib, manual, NO options). so, even in a fender bender, it'd still be a total after it gets assessed by the insurance company (they take it away as soon as its declared, usually you won't get a chance to say goodbye). However if you Don't have collision, you can tow it home and repair it as you wish, or at least have the chance to grab your parts and what not.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack, this just happened to a friend of mine, I thought I'd share.