Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Cant wear American flag T-shirts in America? Guess not anymore

Old 05-06-2010, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib - REVISION A
Default Cant wear American flag T-shirts in America? Guess not anymore

f*cking ridiculous, makes me so mad.

Galli says he and his friends were sitting at a table during brunch break when the vice principal asked two of the boys to remove American flag bandannas that they wearing on their heads and for the others to turn their American flag T-shirts inside out. When they refused, the boys were ordered to go to the principal's office.

"They said we could wear it on any other day," Daniel Galli said, "but today is sensitive to Mexican-Americans because it's supposed to be their holiday so we were not allowed to wear it today."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36981179?GT1=43001
Old 05-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

wow thats so screwed up.. this is f*cking america.. not mexico...
Old 05-06-2010, 05:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

f*ck THAT!
Old 05-06-2010, 05:30 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

you think you've heard them all yet these wack stories keep on coming. the world has gone mad.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I would have told him to f*ck off and "no, I'm going going to the office or leaving school". I would've made him call the cops to throw me out.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:08 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Elantra GLS

I expect to see NO Mexican flags on Independance Day, it will offend me. From one of the articles I read, yesterday a group of "Mexican-Americans" from the same school organized a walk-out to show their pride. I bet none of them got in any sort of trouble either.

I'm fine with immigrants, but if you are American, then that's it. No waving the Mexican flag all over just because it's your heritage. Be proud of your new heritage. Perhaps I should move to Arizona, it seems they have everything figured out. At least they are doing something about illegal immigration.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:12 AM

Vehicle: '97 X3

QUOTE (secret_titan @ May 7 2010, 08:08 PM)
I'm fine with immigrants, but if you are American, then that's it. No waving the Mexican flag all over just because it's your heritage. Be proud of your new heritage. Perhaps I should move to Arizona, it seems they have everything figured out. At least they are doing something about illegal immigration.

im not american, but we kinda have the same thing here in australia
typically with croatian immagrants as they are vary passionate smile.gif

i wouldnt (and dont) give a f*ck if they fly their native flag because of their heritage...in fact i reckon they should - its good to be proud of your country of birth....but dont b*tch and complain about the country your now living in....most of the time you've moved there to get a better life
Old 05-07-2010, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

Heard the school board is investigating it an that they believe the pricapal handled the situation wrong. Funny this cinco de mayo, who the hell would celebrate your country defaulting on a loan then kicking the peolpe you owed money to out of your country. Seems kinda retarded to me but whatever floats your boat.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:38 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

the damn thing ISNT EVEN REALLY CELEBRATED IN MEXICO

i sware this is a dumb ass made up holiday sorta like "love day" from the simpsons
Old 05-08-2010, 08:05 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Yeah. It's a day to boost Corona and Tequila sales, lol. I would have told that principal right where he could stick his thoughts on that one. You don't like it here? Go the f**k back where you came from!