Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Cant Hold It Any Longer

Old 09-12-2007, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 hyundai tiburon

well i was gonna wait till i got my camera up and running but i gotta spill the beans. i baught a new car, its a 2001 audi S4. its school bus yellow V6 and twin turbo. i love it but insurance is a b**** for someone my age.

now heres the thing, keep tib as a project vehicle

sell tib and turn the S4 into a project vehicle sad.gif nervous about that one lol

or sell tib and buy an old VW for a solid project vehicle.

+EDIT+ my bros fiancee took 2 pictures at a party from saturday that had the audi in them. BTW none of them are me, ones my bro (mitch) the other 3 are mine and my bros freinds(gerade, josh, sherman sittin in passanger seat playing with the GPS), at this point im inside playing beer pong haha

PS no i am not selling drugs, lol.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:37 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

pretty good car for twin turbo man! i dunno you can't compare a tiburon to an audi these days. to be completely honest i'd sell the tiburon.

uness you're really anxious to spit out some real money on the tiburon it's not worth anything.

if my tiburon lasts and i get a good job, i'm ordering an engine and building it from scratch, rods, pistons, injectors, fuel pump, 1.8 cam, and even might have it bored out, then i have my supercharger and unichip ready so the engine can take a beatin and it'll be a high performance engine ready to just be thrown in.

yeah i think i'll keep my future badass tiburon haha you keep your badass audi.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:08 PM

i also have some custom plates comming in the mail it says "quatrkt" its a play on words of crotch rocket, only quatrocket because its a quattro and fast lol
Old 09-13-2007, 12:23 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

well when you can take more pics post them up...

i would not sell the tib...turn it into a project car
Old 09-13-2007, 12:45 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

did you buy it new? Don't touch the Audi, it's a fine vehicle the way it is.

Sell the tiburon and save the money for your insurance.. (duh.gif)

If you REALLY want a "project car" then go buy a VW rabbit or something..

While the site was down I got to test drive an Audi RS4, but they're just too "technologically advanced" for me, if you know what I mean.

Probably the most surprising thing was how easy it was to drive. The clutch was easy, the shifting was light and responsive. The steering was very "tight" as in, absolutely no play in the steering wheel. It felt absolutely bound to the wheels. It has a 414hp 4.2 liter V8, but it didn't throw me back in the seat as much as I had hoped. Acceleration throughout, though, is very nice. Is it a thrill to drive? Relatively, yes. But, not nearly as much of a thrill as, say, an S2000, which has half the horsepower.

I think it's because the RS4 is built to do exactly what it was meant for.. effortlessly and perfectly. There's no drama at all when you accelerate, brake (brakes stolen off a gallardo), or make hard turns (which was another good point.. the differentials and computers kept it pointed exactly where you wanted it to go, steering wheel is stolen off the gallardo as well). I never felt like I was anywhere near the car's limits, even when I floored it. It was pretty quiet, with perfect throttle response. The exhaust note (pretty much stuck my ear on the pipe) is excellent. Sounds like a calmer version of a Quattroporte.

I don't see myself getting one, though. It's the thrill and drama I want to see in a car. I want a screaming engine, explosions out the exhaust when you let your foot off the gas, skids and fishtailing abound. I want to work hard for the reward of a fast corner. I want lasers and guns, and time warps. Anything to add to that sense that you're doing something rather extreme (even if you aren't). All the numbers say the RS4 is fast, and it is. It's just that it doesn't feel as fast as you would like.

I've heard great stories from all A4 owners though.. No one's disappointed.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:13 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

If you choose to sell it and it's stick, I could buy the tib for ya

Might be moving back to canada from texas and I'm from Ontario around the toronto area really close to guelph. I've been looking for a 5 spd tib. I love my tibby to death, but the auto is just no fun anymore... all its good for is making the cai growl lol.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:07 AM

i think im gonna keep the tib and drive it around as a to and from work kinda car. my parents are kinda pissed tho cuz im taking 2 spots in the driveway.

its used, its a 2001 audi. this thing really throws you in the seat when you floor it. its got over 300 HP. its very hard, im still learning all the stuff for the GPS, and i have something called a phat box which is this part that you replace your CDchanger thing with and you plug all these accesories to your computer and it wirelessly sends your MP3's to this device, its like 150GB, it was expensive but sick, and as of today i should have the soundsystem in the trunk all done.

and this winter me and my bro are gonna start renting a shop to store our S4's (thats how i got a wickid deal hes big up with the audi VW guys) and his golf we picked up this summer thats a trashed R32 golf (awd turbo) and work on restoring it, and i think im gonna pick up a cheap golf or vento (jetta) to work on and just use the tib as something in the winter with some light mods like exhaust intake blah blah blah you know bolt ons.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:00 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

oh snap, how old are you? sell the tiburon and make first month's rent and a security deposit on a friggin' apartment... LOL
Old 09-13-2007, 12:58 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Has it been modified to go over 300hp? dyno?

because as far as stock all i can find for a 2001 audi S4 is 250hp & 258ft*lbs, with drivetrain loss your looking at somewhere around 215 to the wheels, still nice, but figured if you were just told it comes stock with 300+ hp we dont want you looking silly talking to someone who knows

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/spec_eng...4&trimid=-1
Old 09-13-2007, 01:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I would mod the Audi only a little. Enough so that you don't get into trouble with the warranty.

Keep the Tib around. If it's paid off, then why not. You may regret losing it later. But I would only make it a project car if you're really want to race in a FWD class. Otherwise, FWD FTL!