Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Canada

Old 08-23-2007, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

radar detecters are leagl in Alberta.... nana.gif ....if you are traveling to Newfoundland stop in Halifax on you way through....most bars per capita in Canada and the people are great.....I know this because Im from there....lol
Old 08-23-2007, 09:29 PM

Vehicle: 1999 hyundai tiburon

beer in america aint beer, its beer flavoured water. canadian beer FTW, only other thing i drink is german or norwegian beer, HOEGARDEN rocks my socks.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:32 PM

and do tell me which beers have you tried from the US? Have you gone to local breweries and micro breweries and tried some of the really good and different stuff, or just the generic name brand cheap stuff?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:35 PM

Alexander Keiths= best beer in canada.

U.S. beer = shit

all other beer= better then U.S. Beer
Old 08-23-2007, 09:39 PM

Ok, you can't generalize all US beer. There's so many out there that you guys haven't even heard of. Don't base an opinion on what you can get at the LCBO. Trust me, Ive looked for good American beer at LCBO and they just don't have any. Its pretty much the same in the US, most places only have the shitty Canadian beer, not the good stuff. You can be ignorant about it or you can actually try different beers, regardless of where they are from, and decide from yourself.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:20 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Being Canadian, and a fan of beer, I can honestly say that the best beer I've ever had was Cristal from Cuba....that stuff goes down like water...and tastes amazing.

For the most part I drink Bud...don't know why, I guess you just drink what you like.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:30 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I just quit drinking and it has been almost 4 months. With all this beer talking, I might drink again.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:18 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Aug 23 2007, 09:23 PM)
Funniest thing about it, is a lot of the actors are Canadian (John Candy, Dan Akroyd) and it was directed by Michael Moore.

I haven't actually researched to verify, but I was always under the impression that almost all the canadian characters were played by american actors, and vice versa, which I thought was pretty cool. *shrugs*

When i'm not drinking cheap Molson Canadian, I prefer Grasshopper. Made by Big Rock Brewery based in Calgary, Alberta. smile.gif
Old 08-24-2007, 04:35 PM

Quebec city Is very nice, I live in montreal and I have only been there once lol. But its too french for me tongue.gif

The roads are horrible around here I find. Im always swirving all over the road dogeing potholes.

But yeah, people do drive fast around here. Especially on the highway. You better not be in the left lane if your gonna go slower then 120.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:00 PM

QUOTE (Kantizuni @ Aug 24 2007, 04:18 PM)
I haven't actually researched to verify, but I was always under the impression that almost all the canadian characters were played by american actors, and vice versa, which I thought was pretty cool. *shrugs*

When i'm not drinking cheap Molson Canadian, I prefer Grasshopper. Made by Big Rock Brewery based in Calgary, Alberta. smile.gif

Ya anything by Big Rock is good...I was at a bar in Calgary that had like 150 beers on tap, It's hard not to walk around sloshed in Cowtown. If I lived there I would be dead!!