Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Canada

Old 08-22-2007, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I'm taking a road trip throughout Ontario, Quebec and New Foundland. (I hope my starter and/or battery behaves). How are the roads when compared to the USA? How are the street rules while driving? Are they pretty identical to the USA? I know that gas is probably around $1.05 a litre(about 45 bucks to fill my whole tank). Doh!
Old 08-22-2007, 04:12 PM

^^ No man we drive on the other side of the road!....what the hell do you mean are the rules of driving the same? We stop at almost all the stop signs, yeild at most of the yeild signs and drive at about the speed posted. How do you Americans do it? I would expect to pay a bit more like $1.15 a litre for gas, good luck! (please remember in Canada the funny shaped red signs mean stop!)
Old 08-22-2007, 04:20 PM

The roads can be sh1tty, at least around Toronto they aren't the greatest. Street rules, yeah pretty much the same. Only difference is that everything is kilometers per hour but I never pay attention to that anyway, I still go by MPH.

As for how people drive, well, depends on where you go as well. Certain people like to drive slow in teh left lane, and a lot of tiems teh right lane moves the fastest. In Quebec however, I've found that most people drive fast and share the road. The roads there aren't the greatest either, but they're older. This is all from my experience.

I assume you will be passing through the Toronto area, you HAVE to meet up with us, you have no excuse not to. When are you coming through? Jed really wants to show you his cars.

Oh yeah and as of today, gas was at about 94 cents a liter, not too bad, but not good either.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Remember,if your going 100 mph on a 100 kph highway,you are going 40 mph faster than the speed limit.Thats about $400 cad on a speeding ticket.Good Luck.Oh ya,if you don't speak French,then good luck in Que............! fing02.gif
Old 08-22-2007, 04:40 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Aug 22 2007, 10:20 PM)
The roads can be sh1tty, at least around Toronto they aren't the greatest. Street rules, yeah pretty much the same. Only difference is that everything is kilometers per hour but I never pay attention to that anyway, I still go by MPH.

As for how people drive, well, depends on where you go as well. Certain people like to drive slow in teh left lane, and a lot of tiems teh right lane moves the fastest. In Quebec however, I've found that most people drive fast and share the road. The roads there aren't the greatest either, but they're older. This is all from my experience.
I assume you will be passing through the Toronto area, you HAVE to meet up with us, you have no excuse not to. When are you coming through? Jed really wants to show you his cars.

Oh yeah and as of today, gas was at about 94 cents a liter, not too bad, but not good either.

How great. Crash insulted me but TibbyChick kindly answered my questions; thanks TibbyChick. I will definilty give you a call when I get there. I'm traveling to Toronto and quebec city, maybe some more cities after that. I'm thinking November or late October. I just pray to God that it doens't snow.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:44 PM

I've been to Montreal, I dont know French and I got around ok. Ive heard that Quebec City is beautiful. Also, my buddies just got back from the East Coast and they said its really awesome tehre. Not much to do but as far as sightseeing and driving around and being in nature, its a great atmosphere.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:17 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

We should set up some kind of meet when you get to Toronto.

If you compare the roads to Michigan, Ontario is paved with gold...lol....or atleast what I saw....lol

As far as the 40 km/h over....its a huge fine, but 50 km/h over will get your car seized and a $10,000 fine in Ontario. They're really starting to crack down on the street racing. But I drive my car every day, and as long as you're obeying the rules of the road, which are based on common sense, you'll be ok.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:27 PM

dont forget, radar detectors are illegal. well, at least in the toronto area
Old 08-22-2007, 05:37 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

They're illegal in Canada.....period....
Old 08-22-2007, 06:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

you also cannot turn right on a red light in Quebec.

Also, from my experience, turn signals are non-existent in cars sold in Quebec, or the drivers can't comprehend the idea laugh.gif