Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Call to all Catholics

Old 03-31-2005, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Call to all Catholics

The Pontiff isn't doing so hot. He has been given his last rites, and could be on his way out. Please say a prayer for him
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...s_nm/pope_dc_32
Old 03-31-2005, 06:35 PM

LOL, church makes me laugh laugh.gif: . He is dieing cause that poor defenseless brain dead girl died eyeroll.gif
Old 03-31-2005, 06:49 PM

dude that wasent nice at all man, im cathloic but i dont practice anything special or do anything realy, but still, the Pope is a figure thats quite, well, important to some figure, helps direct many peoples belief, hes the first polish pope, the rest were like italians, i think maybe someone newer and fresher would be a fine idea.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:53 PM

QUOTE (UltraTibby)
LOL, church makes me laugh laugh.gif: . He is dieing cause that poor defenseless brain dead girl died eyeroll.gif

Dude, that post is WAY outta line. I'm not even even religious (I'm athiest). That is just a low blow.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:58 PM

i'm catholic myself, but don't practice anymore. i must say it would be sad to lose him. but if you followed the news when he became pope, they didn't expect him to really live past 5-7 years, and he's been around so much longer. i think he's probably enjoyed his stay here for a long time and is at peace with dieing. god must have some plan for him eh? we'll hopefully get another big hat wearin pope who's as awesome as he was.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:37 PM

I guess it was half ment as a low blow. I'm not christian so dont look at me smile.gif . I think its sad that anyone has to die. But this guy has been around a LONG time ya know? If someone wants to have a religion debate I am all for it but that would probably be better suited for the members area......
Old 03-31-2005, 07:42 PM

Hey, that's enough of this!! If you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all. Ultra, we're all entitled to out own personal beliefs but do not offend others by making smart comments.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:56 PM

While I am no longer a practicing Christian (I got it right... j/k) I dare say this is one of the best Popes the Church has had in a LONG time. He has reached to many peoples and religion in the name of peace and reunification.

Unlike so many before him, he has tried to mend fences with all the different christian religions, the Jews, and even the Muslims. The Man has prayed in more languages than most people know about, and he has never been above meeting the common man.

Pope John Paul II will be leavng some VERY big shoes to fill when he finally dies. Out of all of us, I feel he does not need last rites, he earned his place long ago.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:34 PM

mad, you said it best... people will realize how good a pope he was once he passes and the new pope can either not do as well as him, or takes a while to do as well as him. he is/was such an awesome guy! i really wish i had gotten a chance to see him, he was in DC once but i had school i was pissed
Old 03-31-2005, 09:43 PM

Vehicle: Honda

I'm not Catholic, but I'll pray for the Pope.

Jesus walks.