Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Bye-Bye Cougar!

Old 12-28-2001, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bye-Bye Cougar!

Three points to this story:
1) Cougars are slow...
2) Street Racing is Dangerous...
3) Gravel is Bad...

SO, I'm on my way to pick up my homeboy Christams Night and this Cougar does a fly-by on me so I punch it to keep up. We hit up a light and I smoked him off the line and he couldnt' keep up. Poor, slow, V6. I shut it down at about 60 and the dumbass does another fly-by so I speed up and we're driving full blast going about a hundred. I know, I know, stupid.

Im in the right lane and he's in the left lane. We come to a right turn and me being a good driver I break before the turn, downshift and accelerate through the turn. The driver of the Cougar was not as smart. After going full throttle into the turn he lets off of the gas and hits the brakes mid turn. Needless to say his heavy-assed, poor suspension car, throws its ass out on the loose gravel from the recent snow storm. He ends up locking up his brakes in a 90 degree power slide. He was right next to me and his headlights were pointing at my driver's door while doing a 100 mph sideways! We were at an intersection so there was a break in the center median. Its one of the bulit up brick mound medians. He ended up riding the median down on his undercarriage, like he was doing a rail grind on a skateboard. He went about 20 feet down, going over a no-U turn sign and taking chunks of brick and concrete with him. I looked in my side view mirror and saw him get out of the car and throw his hat on the ground. He was not injured so I bounced out really freaking quickly. I smoked like four cigarettes within the next few minutes and could barely drive. I'm sure his car was close to being totalled. I feel bad that I somewhat caused the wreck, but he was flexing on me and I never back down. Bad drivers should not drive fast!

Anyways...I hope you all learned a valuable lesson form this story. Years worth of heartache can be caused by one small pissing contest. It could've easily been me that wrecked, but I'm glad it wasn't. Keep the racing on the track.

Peace out. wink.gif
Old 12-28-2001, 04:19 AM

A 5 spd. V6 Cougar would smoke you! rolleyes.gif
Old 12-28-2001, 04:23 AM

They have good engines and power and what not, but are put together poorly. I've never gotten beat by one, but of course I've never raced a good driver of one, either. Like I said in my story...he was a bad driver.

Anyways...it's not a kill story...it's a lesson story. No pissing contest please!

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: Zeek ]
Old 12-28-2001, 04:28 AM

Originally posted by Zeek:
Three points to this story:
1) Cougars are slow...

Not a pissing contest, but if you are going to make a statement by saying that, then you should be corrected. My brother has a Cougar and has beaten me EVERY time. Not cause I'm a bad driver but simply because his car is FASTER. Look it up or something.
Old 12-28-2001, 06:56 AM

Not to detract from the moral of the story but here's a good read on why the Cougar is not a good car for performance, handling

JustinL
Old 12-29-2001, 02:53 AM

OK...thanks for correcting me.