Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Bulgaria

Old 10-18-2006, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

A couple of months ago, I went on TDY to Bulgaria... wow what a country! Beautiful landscapes, the women... good lord have mercy... and just the people in general were incredibly friendly!! Dmitry, if the Ukraine is anything like this place was... mang, you are indeed set beyond belief... I dont think that I saw one girl there that was not pleasing in some way to look at, the food was great, there didn't seem to be a dull moment anywhere!

Ok, so, since we went there to fly with the Bulgarian Air Force, I'll post up pictures of that stuff first, we were the first western armed force to come into that country with a friendly mission in mind, so a lot of guys haven't seen this kind of thing up close without being chased by AK-47s and big sticks behind them... lol

The planes, the reason we were there primarily... the Bulgarian Air Force is tired of it's MiG-21s and MiG-29s, so they were looking to either buy some F-15E Strike Eagles or some F-18 Super Hornets. (since I'm a little pressed for time, I'm just going to post the pictures without a description for any of them, I'll come back later and do that...) Just so you all know though, the mostly green camo'ed up jets are the MiG-21bis/MF/R/UM "Fishbed".
The other bulgarian jet is the MiG-29 "Fulcrum A"

Here is some of the Area that was around the second largest city that we were in, Plovdiv. There were some ancient Roman ruins that were really awesome to see. The churches and the artwork from around the city and from the people were beautiful!

This was the Black Sea, a rare thing indeed to see for Americans... there were a LOT of British and Australians there though... lol. Also, I did have a picture of me standing in front of the black sea with my 2nd Aniv T-shirt on... but it was somehow corrupted and didn't make it back from Bulgaria...

Now, traffic was C-R-A-Z-Y there!! there was an accident on the road going to the Black Sea, and this is how people rected to it... and that bus coming at all those cars... didn't slow down from the 120 Km speed limit one bit...

I hope you enjoy!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (Hobgoblin @ Oct 18 2006, 06:29 PM)
The planes, the reason we were there primarily... the Bulgarian Air Force is tired of it's MiG-21s and MiG-29s, so they were looking to either buy some F-15E Strike Eagles or some F-18 Super Hornets.

Wow. MIG-21's?!?!? I didn't even think anyone would still be flying those, except for maybe Iran and shit. Wow. Nice pics.

Is that you with the little pooch in the water? Getting married get to you? LOL
Old 10-18-2006, 07:20 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

You bastard... lol

That big grouping of jets were their "parts planes". Those jets were meant to be a "throw away jet" it craps out, you just throw it away... good ole Russian technology! heh
Old 10-18-2006, 07:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yeah, hard to believe they use TUBES in those eh? LOL

As for your picture...
It be de best ride in da parrrrrkkk!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 06:50 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

QUOTE (Hobgoblin @ Oct 18 2006, 07:29 PM)
the women... good lord have mercy... I dont think that I saw one girl there that was not pleasing in some way to look at

any pics of em? joke.gif

it's nice that you get to visit such a nice place though
Old 10-19-2006, 08:18 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

wow hobbz it must be nice to travel to countrys so far down south of europe!! it looks like a beautiful country! i've been to pompeii those ruins look just like some of the old theaters. do you know if they're greek? because they look roman to me. (i know i should have paid closer attention in history class)

beatuful photos. thise migs look like they're from the 80's!! can't believe russian planes still roam the skys. it's good because they can only afford to keep those old things in the air and the better for them.

i love your photo of the traffic jam. damn it reminds me so much of driving to croatia (former yugoslavia) i loved seeing all those new models like that peugeot 407 in that last photo. mmm gotta love those beaches... wish i was there now. i have to learn to leave my car behind sometimes.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:53 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I've been to Bulgaria long time ago. Beautiful country. It's not far away from Ukraine.
Doode, Ukrainian girls are much better and beautiful than Bulgarians wink1.gif

That car is a cool shizzle:

It's been manufactured for like 20-30 years, it has 4WD. It jumps forward-backward when you brake/accelerate. LOL