Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Boston Bomber gets all-star defense team

Old 04-25-2013, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Tiburon GT
Default Boston Bomber gets all-star defense team

Boston Bomber gets all-star defense team, Miriam Conrad. They say the defense team can cost millions of tax dollars given the amount of evidence to examine. I would like to donate a tree and a rope to the legal defense fund.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boston-bomb...ry?id=19025841
Old 04-25-2013, 12:53 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

Pretty sure this guy has not been found guilty yet and is just as entitled to a good defense team as any other citizen in the US, or world for that matter.

There is yet to be firm evidence presented that DIRECTLY links him to the bombings. I can understand the emotion behind this matter but he is still an American citizen with the EXACT same rights any of you have.

Lets be totally honest here for a second. The events of that day were very intense and seemed to have no rhyme or reason, the bombing locations were more convenient than anything. That point aside. Can anyone say what they would have done in this mans shoes when all of America was out to kill you?

I know there is anger around this whole issue but dont forget hes still very much an innocent man.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:44 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

He should get the same defense I got when I took my piddly traffic issue to court and couldn't pay for defense. To hell with a multi-million dollar all star team, give him a drunken redneck that already thinks he guilty.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

BULLSHIT.. get public defender.. OK.. All star, multi-million dollar defense off of tax dollars.. f*ck that..

would not want to be the one defending someone that is on video and has admitted to doing it... initially wanted him taken alive.. wish they would have killed him in the shootout..

can't say someone is innocent when after even the bombing he/they threw explosives at police, killed a police officer, injured another, he RAN OVER HIS brother, shot at cops, etc. etc.

throw out the bombing for a minute and you still have a very guilty man.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:51 PM

Legal aid is handed out by the Government and judicial system, a misdemeanor gets a public defender but the defense team must be equal to the charges which are in account. If you dont like the rules your Government has put in place to defend someone until the moment they are proven guilty in a court of law then take it up with someone higher.

Trust me, I have some pretty strong feelings about the terrorists that ive crossed paths with and wanted to kill at random when my friends were laying in pieces around us. I know the anger for a specific person or group of people, but hes an American citizen and will be treated as such. Did he give up all his rights by being involved? I would say yes but that isnt for me to decide, thats why you and I do not make the rules, its about being fair and equal.

It frustrates me too but this is the way it is.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

As much as some of us would like to hand out some 00 buck, we should be HAPPY this asshat gets a good defense team. That way, when YOURs is the protected minority and they come after you for doing what your people do, you get one also.

in theory.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:52 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Agreed. It always makes me mad when the media creates a big furore about somebody being charged for something. You could be charged for treason out of the blue, but until the court actually decides that you are guilty, it's just a suggestion by the police.

Afaik none of us were actually there, so let's wait for the courts to come to a reasoned decision plox. Judges aren't dumb.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I gotta admit though...it would be interesting and pretty cool to sit in that courtroom or on the jury during the trial and hear both sides.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Even if he wasn't involved in the original bombing, he was shooting at police and throwing bombs out of the vehicle as they were chasing. I can't imagine he'll ever be free. Imagine how fast he'd be mobbed on the streets.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:11 AM

Even if he was found innocent and set free he would remain an outcast and shunned from society, humans are generally a cruel and unusual being that need to place blame

The media has forever made his image "The Marathon Bomber", even if he wasn't.