Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Boobs will get you banned

Old 08-18-2010, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Sonatta 2.7L
Default Boobs will get you banned

http://cbs13.com/local/i.heart.boobies.2.1863714.html

'I ♥ Boobies': Fundraiser Draws School's Ire

A Citrus Heights high school is contemplating a ban on shirts and other apparel bearing an attention-grabbing phrase meant to drum up support for breast cancer awareness.

The popularity of the "I Heart Boobies" campaign has forced schools across the country to confront the issue, including Antelope High School.

"We've had about four or five bracelet sightings," said Principal John Decker.

The t-shirts and bracelets are sponsored by the non-profit organization Keep-A-Breast; the shirts cost $25 and half the proceeds go to breast cancer awareness.

Decker said he has been fielding complaints from people who believe teens are buying the shirt simply because of the word "boobies," not because it supports a cause.

"Some people feel, especially teachers, that it's more of a mockery on breast cancer awareness. It's not truly informing teenagers," Decker said.

Students shrugged off the complaints and said they believe the big picture is that the campaign is raising money for good cause, no matter the motivations of the buyers.

"It's supporting breast cancer either way," said student Michael Lane. "I think most people are taking it serious, but even if they are goofing off proceeds of the profits still go to breast cancer."

Principal Decker said he will make a decision soon on whether the phrase will be allowed on campus.

The Roseville Joint Union High School District is also considering a ban on the slogan.

Wow...some schools are getting ridiculous now with these rules headshake.gif fp.gif
Old 08-18-2010, 10:20 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

I was told I couldn't wear a Dr. Feelgood t back in middle school (91, lol) because it promoted drugs. This sort of thing will never end. They see a word or picture of something seemingly inappropriate, and someone whips out the ban stick.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:38 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

In the mid-90s they banned the Make 7 - Up Yours shirts.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tibby

I have 2 the I love boobies shirt and the other say boobies make me smile but they are for the strip club.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

Funny I live in orangevale just minutes from citrus heights, roseville an antelope and I havnt heard nothin on this issue yet. Funny I would get the news from a guy in springfield lol.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Turbo

You better ban me for life.lol
Old 08-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

When I was in school the "Big Johnson" shirts got banned.

Then they tried to ban all Starter brand clothing because apparently it was all gang related. That one didn't stick though.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:05 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Big Johnson shirts are certainly understandable. If you can't figure out what those are all about, you need more than school to help you out! I've owned my fair share of those T's, actually.