Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Is BMW Overrated?

Old 06-11-2010, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Accent GL
Default Is BMW Overrated?

Just a general question.... I always come across cocky guys that say BMW is all that. Sure some of their cars are nice. However, I wouldn't shell out the extra $$ money for one. I've heard of people having major reliability issues with BMW's. It's kinda rare to find an older BMW still on the road. Most of the BMW's that I see are the new 3's and 5's sometimes a 7 from the current body style.

There must be something to BMW... If they were totally crappy they wouldn't have the loyal client base that they have today.

I really want to figure out the answer to this question. People always rave about the BMW being a top notch performer. The new M3 looks impressive with it's V8 and 8krpm, but I've only come across one on the road. dunno.gif
Old 06-11-2010, 12:22 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

bmw > hyundai

ever driven one?

very high quality vehicle, very very smooth power band, transmission doesnt feel like its gonna blow up if you shift it fast into third and can handle TONS of power, interior is effing awesome very nice fit and finish

even stock they handle better than my maxima(tokikos, springs, strut bars)

plus the fact there are bmws from the 70s that are still around on running, i rarely see 10 year old hyundais on the streets anymore
Old 06-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

After watching a stock brand new 135i with temporary plates put down a time within 2 seconds of fast time of the day at autox I would have to say yes, there's something to it.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:48 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

my friend went from abq to phoenix in his bmw diesel on 1 tank of gas and still had some left over

1 tank 425 miles

265hp/425 ft/lbs of torque

DO WANT