Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Black Friday

Old 11-24-2006, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I dont know how bad it was in other states, but in SOCAL, it was seriously war. Last year's black friday wasn't even as bad as this year.

I got to Fry's Electronics at about 11 PM with about 240 people already camped out, so i go back and get some alcohol and del taco to get me going through the night hah.

RIGHT when the doors opened, it was literally war and i mean outtahere.gif haha, the 59$ 6mpixel cams were gone in 2 min, the next 159$ Cannon 5 mpixel was gone in 5 minutes LITERALLY, the time it took me to get in there and get to the cams it was gone. It was the first time i got to see adults act like kids in a candy store with everything on sale LOL, the facial expressions were priceless..

I ended up getting a bluetooth headset for 8$ and a 2GB flash drive for 20$, some friends that camped out with me picked up a 300 GB Maxtor hd.. 261.gif , also some other stuff like remington electric shavers for 10$ printers for 10$ and etc. This years black friday was nuts.. but it was SERIOUSLY worth the wait as the line for frys ended up being like 1 1/2 hour wait as well.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:10 PM

i didn't go but i was supposed too camp out infront of bestbuy around 2am...reason being i got the flu and i'll leave it at that how my night went. However, my cousins b/f headed out at 5am and picked up a 42" LCD flat screen tv for a $1000 bucks. Sad part is, he couldn't get me one because "limit one per customer"...damn flu drillsergeant.gif
Old 11-24-2006, 05:37 PM

I was working.. was at the Borgata at 6am to load The Who in for their concert tonight
Old 11-25-2006, 02:14 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

My sister went to Best buy at 3am, and there were 500 people in line. Everything was wiped out in a half hour. My sister got a great deal on a LCD flatscreen monitor.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:26 AM
Banned

i never go to the stores on black friday.. wayyy too nuts from me.. i hate being around big groups of people, and i would probably end up in jail by noon..
Old 11-25-2006, 02:55 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

bhahahahahhaaha. The girl at Wal-mart told me that people were hugging their product that they're about to purchase. If you go into their territory, then they start to bite!!!!
Old 11-25-2006, 06:47 AM

This year I decided to go. I was working at American Eagle last year and let me tell ya.. WORKING on that day, is hell. It wasn't as bad actually doing the shopping compared to working, but it was still a nightmare and I'll never do either again if I can help it. People are so vicious. My girlfriend and I were in Bath and Body Works and these two people were fighting because one girl crowded in front of the other. It was hilarious lol. I did get some good deals though.. I just don't know if it was worth the headache that it caused.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:20 AM

i know thursday night i went cruizing since it was pretty warm out. there were people camping out with tents and all at the major stores, curcuit city was the worst though. the line of tents and people stretched through the parking lot.

my only shopping on friday though... i dropped off a bud light box full of food for the salvation army food drive, and drove a friend to buy his kottonmouth kings ticket for this sundays show.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:41 AM

*Laughing at everyone that sat out in the Cold Thursday night at Best Buy*

I bought everything I wanted that was going on sale Friday at Best buy on Wednesday.

No crowds, no lines.

Went back on Friday about 2pm, stood 5 minutes in the Customer Service line and got a price match on everything I bought.

nana.gif

Then I figured out: You can also order stuff online before Black Friday, pick it up at the store the day of the sale (Once again, no lines at the Customer Service Center), and have them adjust the price to match the sale price when you pick it up.

nana.gif

So that was my hassle free Black Friday shopping experience. laugh.gif
Old 11-25-2006, 11:13 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

i was going to do that^^

sometimes they don't tell you exactly what is going to be on sale though, so it could be a waste of time if you end up just returning the item.