Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Bill Cosby

Old 11-16-2014, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai Tiburon
Default Bill Cosby

What do you guys think of the accusations of him being a rapist?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/postev...ieve-my-story/
Old 11-17-2014, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

sucks, but it seems like it's some old stuff being brought up. Not sure why now.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:53 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Didn't this lady already receive a settlement though? Nothing wrong with chasing up the truth, but not after you get paid compensation...
Old 11-17-2014, 10:29 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

There are a total of 14 (??) woman that have accused him of some sort of sexual assault. I know more than one has said she was druged and raped. Yes this happened a long time ago, but so what. I think the point is that this guy has done some really messed up stuff and nobody seems to care. Even when Cosby is asked about it he goes silent. Cosby started the whole thing by asking people to post funny meme's about him. You can guess what happened.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:14 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

The video in link sounded way too scripted. I'm hesitant to believe the claims anyway. It's possible he did some unscrupulous things back in the day, but it's way too convenient that so many people come out so long after the fact. It seems like they're just trying to drag his name through the mud. Being such vocal opponent to "urban culture" (or what ever the NAACP/social media want to call it today), especially one of such fame and wealth, he's a pretty easy target. There is no shortage of reasons why people would want to silence and smear him, keeping the next generation retarded makes the black zealot aristocracy more powerful. Also think about recent happenings in MO and what we now know about deceased. Everything and anything they can do to keep that kind of activity alive is exactly what they want to remain powerful. It's sad, but that's just the way things look.

I'm just going to say that the initial case was very quiet, she got paid and at this point it looks like an attempt to export more money from an old man. Also keep in mind that the criminal case was dropped due to lack of evidence, meaning the state was unable to find reasonable cause to try him for the alleged crime. Also note that in the civil case raised by Andrea Constand none of the other females making these claims was willing to act as a character witness. Hell, She even tried to file a lawsuit against the man's lawyers over some comments made years prior. The more I look into the facts behind his case this just drips of jealousy, greed, slander and desperation. The others making these claims either can't seem to get their facts strait or make wild-ass accusations up to and including violence which very wildly from the primary accusations. As for the the accusation from the 70's, that woman only says that she drunk a cup of coffee and woke up in a parked car. She has no clue who did it on set; and for anyone who's worked on a film, that's an enormous number of people. She's just picking the largest most obvious target.

I'll need to have some pretty compelling evidence to believe that Bill Cosby is a violent rapist.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Anyone can claim anything about anyone. If the man did bad things even 20 years ago, there was criminal science enough to send him to prison IF

IF

the accusers came forward with criminal charges. That he is not in prison speaks at least as loudly as all these alleged victims now coming out of the woodwork. I'm not so sure he needs to say anything.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

You waited 20 years, you have 0 credibility. No care.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

If they made the accusation during the height of his career, when he was the "world's favorite tv dad", no one would have believed the victim. They wouldn't have the courage to come out feeling as if it's just their word against the world's favorite TV dad. Rape isn't so easy to prove since most times, the girls are there to party with booze and drugs. The sex could or could have not been consensual. People tend to blame the victim for putting themselves in that situation in the first place.

And it's human nature for more victims to come out ONLY when they find out they are not alone in their fight against their rapist. Especially for crimes hard to prove. How many times have we seen this?
Old 11-21-2014, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Famous people go to jail too, you know. You don't have to convince the idiots watching Entertainment Tonight, you just have to present enough hard evidence to a jury.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:33 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Originally Posted by Stocker
you just have to present enough hard evidence to a jury.

Well, for a criminal case you first have to convince the state. Which failed to happen in this case. Only then do you have to convince a dozen idiots, which is arguably the easier of the 2 scenarios.