Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Big News!

Old 04-21-2009, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

I know it has been a long while... so let me tell you all what has been happening in the wonderful life of the Hobby Gobby.

I was told yesterday (when I came back to the boards) that my last post was March of 2007.... geebus that's a long time. and a lot to catch up on. so this weekend I am going to have lots of reading to do... but I digress... you should all know that I am married, with a dachshund named Tibby (which this forum helped name wink1.gif ). I have since went on a deployment to Afghanistan where we destroyed some Al Queda / Taliban hiney! I think we dropped 970 something bombs and 35,000+ rounds of 20mm rounds into the bastardos. I also went on a TDY to Verona, Italy. If anyone goes anywhere in their lives, GO TO ITALY!! That whole country is amazing! I went to Rome, Verona, Pisa, Pompeii, and a few other places, all very much worth it. I went to a few other places in Europe too.
Ok, so I am now in Northwest Louisiana where I am probably going to be for a VERY long time... this place is nicknamed 'Bark-a-traz' for a reason..... 02.gif Oh well, this place isn't SO bad. It is defenitely not Clovis NM! So I am not complaining.
Alright, well, I'm doing good. My wife is doing good, My dog is doing good. We all made it back to the states with no issues what so ever, so we are thankful for that. I made Staff Sgt (E-5 for all you military types) and have put it on already! Always good to get a jump in pay, no matter how slight. Looking ahead to making Tech Sgt now, I know I can't test for two years, but cant get to soon a jump on it!

You guys ready for a shocker?

I'm gonna be a DAD!!!! It is a BOY and he is due around June 25th!!! I can't tell you guys how excited I am about this! laugh.gif We have had all or most of the test that have to be accomplished and he is healthy and normal, so that's cool.

But yeah, that is what you all missed in a nutshell... I can get some pics up later, hopefully, of everything so you guys can looksy
Old 04-21-2009, 08:41 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Tiburon/RD1

Welcome back man!

Congrats on becoming a daddy!
And advancing in paycheck as well.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:50 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Congrats man! Its been forever but glad to see you around.

Cant wait till I can have a little boy.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:01 AM

Thanks guys! I know I am all kinds of excited!! I can't wait!

We are going with the name: John Landon Fowler at the moment, it will change if he comes out and doesn't look like a John or isn't a guy at all! heh smile.gif
Old 04-21-2009, 10:21 AM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

welcome bk. an congrats on becominga a dad
Old 04-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Congrats on all that stuff.

Maybe we should start a thread on naming your baby next.... Tuscan or Gene(sis) comes to mind...
Old 04-21-2009, 10:29 AM

haha.gif I don't think the wife would go for that... she was cool with the dog, but I don't think that naming our son would go over so well...
Old 04-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

QUOTE (Hobgoblin @ Apr 21 2009, 09:01 AM)
We are going with the name: John Landon Fowler at the moment, it will change if he comes out and doesn't look like a John or isn't a guy at all! heh smile.gif

I went to school with a guy named John Fowler. He was pretty cool. I dunno his middle name though. tongue.gif
Old 04-21-2009, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

She doesn't have to know. Gene is a perfectly acceptable name (maybe in the 1950s), and she'd never know the underlying meaning. Perhaps even Korey(a). If it was a girl, you could run with Vera(cruz)

However... she might catch on to Tuscan or Seoul
Old 04-21-2009, 10:46 AM

I'll, uhhh, run those by her and see what happens... wall.gif