Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Big Meet in VA (Sunday, March 2)

Old 02-08-2003, 07:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Tiburon GT
Default Big Meet in VA (Sunday, March 2)

Okay, time for a big meet. Gotta celebrate the start of new 2003 show season! Winter is almost over! All Hyundais, Kias and Daewoos are welcome! I am pretty sure many of you purchased some parts over the past couple of month and were just waiting for warmer weather to install them.

So first we will meet at Springfield Mall parking lot (right outside JC Penny, the American Cafe and Today's Man) at 9:00am. I know it's kinda early but from there we will all caravan to the Auto Shop in Ft. Belvoir where we can use their bays, lifts and tools. So bring the stuff you want to install. And maybe some special tools that you'll need but they have almost everything over there. Flat bays are $2.25/hour and lifts are $4.50 You can also change tires, balance wheels and turn rotors/drums for little extra. If you don't know how to do smth, they have assistance staff over there and I am sure there will be some knowledgable people among us too. The shop opens at 10:00am. We need to get there a little earlier, otherwise we won't get the lifts. It gets pretty crowded over there. To get into Ft. Belvoir you'll need to get a one-day pass. So make sure you have a valid driver's license and vehicle registration with you. Your passengers should have a state-issued ID.

After that we can drive down to Potomac Mills, get something to eat and play some LaserQuest (let's see who is the best). There is also a restaurant with pool tables nearby.

Now let's make it big!! All VA and surrounding state people are welcome. If you are from out of state, don't forget to leave your radar detector at home. smile.gif
The date of the meet is March 2 (Sunday). I hope three weeks is enough for everyone to plan ahead.

Now directions to Springfield Mall. It is conveniently located at the intersection of the Capital Beltway (I-495) which includes three major highway arteries: I-495, I-95 and I-395. Take exit #169A from I-95. At the first light turn right and the mall is on your left.
For more info, check http://www.springfieldmall.com

You guys from far away are more than welcome to gather somewhere and drive down to Springfield Mall together.
Old 02-08-2003, 11:11 AM
Al

this sounds really good ill be there.
Old 02-09-2003, 05:41 AM

If I can get my Kore catback and OBX headers by then I'll be there.
Old 02-10-2003, 05:03 AM

Big_Al:
this sounds really good ill be there.
Great! I gotta see your Razor kit! Your car looks really nice! Completely different from the last time I saw it at Jon's BBQ party last summer.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:33 AM
Al

umm look like this may be a bad turnout frown
Old 02-15-2003, 06:24 AM

Big_Al:
umm look like this may be a bad turnout
yup. sorry guys, due to the limited # of replies, this meet is cancelled.
I dunno. Is it lack of people in the area?
Old 02-15-2003, 08:56 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

If I can come, I would come. But due to obvious reasons, I can't.

smile.gif
Old 02-15-2003, 11:45 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Cancelled? Damn... oh wells