Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Best Buy The Untold Story

Old 04-24-2006, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahahahahaha I worked at Best Buy for a year and a half. Got my mom's best friend and husband a whole entertainment center and my gramma a big screen TV with my discount. I actually looked at my log of discounted items I bought for my entire employment there and I saved over $26,000. LOL.

Yeah we had problems at my store. Somehow we were missing Ps2's and Xbox's around Christmastime when everybody wanted them. So of course if they "never came in" or "fell off the truck", we would have them in stock via RSS, but wouldn't actually have them, so customers would be pissed when someone at the Customer Service desk told them over the phone we had stuff and didn't... or if they checked online. I worked in Media and Mobile so I got loads of unhappy people.

I should also add that certain accessories are marked up so much because certain items have no markup. Computers and video game systems have no markup. They are wholesale price. We just marked up accessories because they went with the sale. And we pushed subscriptions because we got paid for them and our store/team would get bonuses and goodies for it.