Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Because its national donut day

Old 06-03-2011, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 tiburon fx
Default Because its national donut day

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110603/...et_coffee_suit

PHILADELPHIA – A Philadelphia woman is suing Dunkin' Donuts, saying a worker mistakenly put sugar in her coffee that ultimately caused her to go into diabetic shock.

Danielle Jordan's lawsuit claims she asked for artificial sweetener to be added to her coffee during a June 2009 visit. Jordan claims she downed the drink and experienced dizziness, light-headedness and ended up making an emergency trip to the hospital.

A legal liaison for the Canton, Mass.-based doughnut chain told the Philadelphia Daily News she couldn't comment on the case. But she says employees only provide customers with the order they ask for.

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages. A phone message was left for Jordan's attorney.

What do you guys think? Frivolous lawsuit or is it warranted because the employees screwed up?
Old 06-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Really? I don't know how diabetics react to sugar, but if she's that sensitive I don't think she should be going to a Dunkin' Donuts. Did she get a donut with her order?

Could real sweetener instead of artificial cause diabetic shock? Are they able to trace the cause to xxx sweetener instead of yyy sweetener, or that it even came from the coffee?

It was probably the sugar saturated air at a DUNKIN DONUTS that caused the diabetic shock
Old 06-03-2011, 02:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I'm with him ^^^ If she's so sensitive to sugar, what in the world is she going into a DD for? Sure they have great coffee, but really??? And it makes me sick that people can sue over things like this. Sure, it happened, but MISTAKES HAPPEN!! If they can prove that it was done intentionally, sure, a lawsuit would be understandable. But a simple mistake? No way.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Unfortunately, in todays society, even a simple mistake can cost someone their job and a company to shell out millions of dollars for a lawsuit.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:06 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I am diabetic and in no way would the normal sugar put in a coffee really affect me. I don't know about a severe case but still doubt it. Your blood sugar would have to spike up real high and the packet of sugar they dumped in her coffee wouldn't really do that.

Jordan claims she downed the drink and experienced dizziness, light-headedness and ended up making an emergency trip to the hospital.

Really? Big deal, happens to me all the time. It's hardly sugar shock.

Jordan's lawyer, Kenneth Rodgers, says his client couldn't tell from the taste of the coffee that she got sugar instead of her preferred artificial sweetener. He says she didn't finish the drink before she fell ill.

#1, that's BS cause you can tell the difference, after using artificial sweetener every day you can tell, and #2 she didn't finish it even? Then theres NO WAY she got enough sugar to do anything.

Maybe it was the 1/2 dozen donuts she shoved in her face with her coffee, cause theres no way your going in there without getting at least one LOL.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:45 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Unfortunately, in todays society, even a simple mistake can cost someone their job and a company to shell out millions of dollars for a lawsuit.

I agree, and one word or idea (misinterpreted or not) yerrrrrr outttt.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:17 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Been diabetic myself for 30+ years and can tell you straight up that woman is full of crap and in it for an easy buck. Dizziness and being light headed are usually signs of not enough sugar, not to much. Stupid d-bag......