Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Banning tobacco, bad foods, and toys in Happy Meals... and legalizing marijuana

Old 06-24-2010, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 Accent
Default Banning tobacco, bad foods, and toys in Happy Meals... and legalizing marijuana

I just don't understand why certain elements in our society want to ban fatty foods, sodas, and tobacco, but they want to legalize marijuana.

It makes no sense to me. It sounds hypocritical. headshake.gif
Old 06-24-2010, 08:01 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Liberals trying to control our eating habits.

And our candy:
http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKLDE65L1O920100622

But to be honest I would rather have marijuana be legal than tobacco.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Only thing on that list I want banned is tobacco. More specifically, smoking in public. Do what you want in your house. I also want MJ legal, but again, only in your house. I don't want your smoke in my lungs.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:03 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

i understand smoking in door's been banned as it is in ohio.

and i even partially under stand no smoking in parks because they want to cut down on litter as well.

But honestly i think non-smokers are being a little much these days. i mean we smokers already are 20 feet away from all doors and ventilation systems.

Some lady got mad at me at cedar point, while i was sitting in the designated smoking area. She was in the restaurant down wind (mind you it was at least 50-60 feet away and) came up and told me to put it out... i told her to take it up with cedar point.

i mean come on people its out side.

*mini rant*
Old 06-24-2010, 01:20 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

i used to smoke but recently quit, i hate the people who are around a smoker outside and start hacking like they are choking in a burning building. stop acting childish, in the outdoors there is no way you can be choking on smoke, how can you stand next to a busy street if your lungs are that sensitive?

i don't think anything should be banned, who the f*ck is the government to tell anyone what they can and can't do on their own time. i understand rules like drinking and driving, but what you do in your own house should be fair game.

to the OP, you should look into how unhealthy fast food, soda, and tobacco are compared to mj. weed is a walk in the park compared to your list.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Like I said... in the home, no problem. Anywhere else, ban it. Between the smoke and the butts, it's f*cking disgusting. Can't tell you how many times I've seen sparkly clean ashtrays in smoker's cars. Quit throwing your butts out the f*cking window!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 04:33 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

i always rolled my own, cigarette filters are so terrible for the environment. i always used rice papers too so they just disolve away in the rain