Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Back To Back To Back To Back

Old 04-23-2007, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

This is a beautiful piece of video right here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAGTfFJFsfA

Back-to-back-to-back-to-back for only the 5th time in MLB history, and the first time in the American League since the Twins succeeded on 5.2.64... off of 10 pitches, knocking in four home runs in succession with 2 Outs, by Manny Ramirez, J.D. Drew, Mike Lowell and Jason Varitek against the Yankees in the bottom of the third, putting the Red Sox up 4-3.

Lowell would later hit another 3-run homer in the bottom of the seventh, off the tip of the Green Monster, putting the Red Sox ahead once more at 7-5. Ironically, J.D. Drew was part of the last 4x Consecutive Home Run spree with the Dodgers on 9.18.06.

Final Score: Red Sox 7, Yankees 6. With Dusty Pedroia's leaping catch towards 2nd base to rob the Yankees of the tying run in the 8th, the Red Sox would go on to sweep the Yankees at Fenway Park for the first time in 17 years.

i LOVE baseball season... and moreso, i love the Red Sox!! WOOT WOOT!!!!! and i love after home run #3, the crowd goes into a "Yankees Suck" chant.. then Varitek hits #4!! ahh. So Beautiful

and here's the link 1 more time.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAGTfFJFsfA
Old 04-23-2007, 09:20 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Thats a horrible video. How dare they pick on a kid that only had one major league start under his belt!..lol

It was an impressive event also that fact that 2 of them went over and out of the stadium...but it doesn't matter its still April, now if its August and this happened it one thing...oh thats right boston lost 5 in a row last year tongue.gif
Old 04-23-2007, 09:31 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i just can't get into baseball for some reason. any sport where there is more downtime and resting than actual playing in between intermissions is just crazy.

but that is pretty cool, i must say.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:53 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

I love baseball too, always have (even when I was in the UK I watched it on channel 5 there).

Huge Phillies fan, got off to a rough start but man, we handed it to houston yesterday owned.gif

Looking forward to going to a game this summer.. I also go see the Wilmington Blue Rocks too, amateur team in DE with awesome fireworks displays afterwards.

Went to see the Camden Riversharks a couple of years ago but didnt like the eerie feeling on the way out (camden is one of the worst cities in the US) So think I will stick with the Blue Rocks for my cheapy 'ball fix laugh.gif
Old 04-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

just watched it... that's awesome.

It would suck to be gone grabbing a hot dog and miss those 7 minutes of the game.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:29 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

pfff, red sox fans are funny, they're the first to gloat, telling everybody they know when something goes their way, but then run and hide when it doesnt.

you think i care? Nah, its April, red sox always come out of the gate strong and fizzle out. thats the red sox.

fing02.gif
Old 04-24-2007, 01:51 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

lmao! i knew this thread would get you in here. haha. typical Yankee fans. always blaming it on April. nana.gif

Yankee's are a 1 man machine right now. that team HAS to have a complete turn around if they're gonna want to be a contender. The Devil Rays look like a better team right now! hahaha
Old 04-24-2007, 02:16 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Eh, its not just Arod producing, really the only one not pulling their weight is the pitching staff cuz their beat up, and we're calling up our guy who should help bear the load and the bullpen can get some rest.

lol...and you, the typical redsox fan, calling the season after 18 games, forgetting about the other 144 games that are unplayed, baseball's not a sprint, its a marathon, sooner or later the redsox and their fans need to realize that nana.gif
Old 04-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I stick with my Dodgers smile.gif