Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Away from computer

Old 05-14-2009, 01:06 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Away from computer

Hey guys. Some of you may know that I'm now out of the military and I am going on a trip across the USA from Columbia,SC. to Atlanta, Kansas, Dallas, Vegas, Long Beach, Los Angles, Salt Lake, Missoula MT., Portland, and Seattle. I will be away from the keyboard for the next couple of months. I am trying to find a job as a Biomedical Equipment technician.

I was going to post this on RDT, but they gave me my ban before I had a chance to post it.

Most Biomedical Equipment Technicians consider themselves too good for auto mechanics, so it's best if I try to separate myself from the car forums for a bit while I am looking for a job. I requested a 6 month ban from RDTiburon.com as I think I am addicted to it and I need to spend my time doing other things. I will be here sporadically throughout the next few months. I will still be reading the threads here as always. I consider this a professional sabbatical as RDT has many more threads and I get tied up waiting for responses instead of taking care of business.

The army has all of my stuff in storage right now and I am free to roam the country as I please. I will be staying in hotels across the country and looking for a job. As soon as I find a good place to stay I will purchase a home and have my belongings delivered. At that time I should be back up online as much as ever.

I just thought I should let you guys know this, I may not be timely in performing my duties as a moderator.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

That's pretty crazy, but the trip sounds fun. If you're interested in meeting up I live about half way between Portland and Seattle. Let me know.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: No Car Currently

I will proceed to cause complete and total chaos and anarchy while you are away.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

No worries DTN...thanks for the heads up, and keep us posted on your fun little trip! smile.gif
Old 05-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

DTN - you said you were banned before you could post on RDT. We've made a thread letting people know the situation, so they don't think we abused our powers and just banned you from the site.

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=31374&hl=

Is it okay to have this thread, or would you like it deleted?
Old 05-19-2009, 02:49 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

DTN drive safe broski
Old 05-20-2009, 06:31 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Tiburon

Awwww its sad :-(
But I wish you lots of luck on your journey and if your in my area you should give me a shout
I am Kansas City, MO area, so if your ever in Kansas or Missouri Hit me, Ill PM you my #