Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Archery

Old 06-07-2010, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Accent
Default Archery

Any archery folk out there? I was hardly separated from my bow when I was a kid, and am just getting back into it w/ some friends. I picked up a cheap fiberglass longbow to start, then a friend had an older 40lb compound bow I'm practicing with too.

Right now I'm just having fun with it, but may be interested in doing some serious equipment and entering some competitions for kicks down the road. No huntin', though, but I might be interested in possibly overthrowing terrorist regimes in Southeast Asia, and I hear it's the right tool for the job....

Old 06-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I'm an experienced archer. I learned on a 10# compound, moved up to a 20# recurve, then a 40# recurve, then on to my current 75# compound.

I have never been good enough to really enter any competitions, as my entire focus is putting every arrow into a 9" circle. I don't really care where within that circle, as long as every single one is in the circle. I can shoot a bit better than that at most ranges that I practice (out to 55 yards) and I use to get 9/10 into the circle at 85 yards, but I only practice out to 45 yards now regularly. Beyond that my heavy aluminum arrows drop too fast for me to estimate range close enough to ensure that the arrow would be in the circle at ranges between my pins.

I've been archery hunting off and on since I was 16, and I've taken a bit of game. I prefer archery hunting for elk, but generally rifle hunting for deer.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Accent

i want a hungarian recurve bow, there's an archery range right by my house