Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

April Fools Proves Very Foolish

Old 04-02-2008, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Im glad you have a plan of action for this. Good Luck and the pictures should defiantly give you some credit as you have the make and model and type of truck.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:45 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Sorry about your luck.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:10 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ha. Last weekend my POS accent got backed into by a city plow. Never saw me and it was a huge dump truck. Not to much damage and I wont fix it anyway. I think I will be paid for it though and I believe you will be covered under his insurance also.

Good luck
Old 04-02-2008, 02:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Uhm, where's your bumper reinforcement in those photos?

Let me guess, you took it off for the FG bumper?

Big mistake. That would have saved most of the damage.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:57 PM

i did take off the rebar and I have been looking at creating something out of steel for reinforcement but your wrong about it minimizing the damage. Look through the pictures and notice how the damage is at the height of the headlights. His hitch sits higher than any RD bumper reinforcment. All the damage was done by his hitch, not his bumper Red

but that was already addressed in post 15 or something???
Old 04-02-2008, 03:08 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

boooooooooooo.

how can people be so piss poor and afford those huge trucks? it's like $150 to fill up one tank, and then they think it's funny how cheap and plasticy a tin can Hyundai is... well guess what one day there will be a boycott an no gas and what are they gonna do? uuuhhh. gas hogs. good you had a camera close by. and whatever that guy gets is whatever he deserves for clogging up our beautiful world with his useless polluting.

it's really stupid. bigfoot crushed the import. a meteor will crush bigfoot, what is the point?

that's just great. life hits hard. give us an update, i'm sure it'll work out.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I dunno, I don't agree. That lower ball on his hitch looks like, to me, it would have hit that reinforcement.

Any way it goes, even if it wouldn't, those things are there for a reason, I've just seen too many tibs, aftermarket ones, broken up bad because they didn't have them.

They are also made out of the plastic they are made of for a reason, it absorbs a LOT of energy as it bends and splits, steel or metal, well, it won't.

Just lookin out for you.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:34 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Reinforcement does not fit with that bumper Red.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:36 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i have a oem rd2 hood w/ crappy paint and your name on it-... you're somewhat local too-.... i'll pm you!

sorry about your luck!

Old 04-03-2008, 07:17 AM

thanks a lot steve, I pmed you back and I'll take it!

Red Z - I'm not trying to argue about the whole bumper rebar thing because I know what its for and what I sacrifice by taking it off. Hopefully any one taking it off does. I don't think it is smart to drive without a rebar but as Caj said it wouldn't fit with the bumper on. I didn't mind sacrificing the rebar because I only cruise in my car. I don't rush, I don't speed, and I'm never running late. Still things can happen and thats why I have been thinking about creating my own custom rebar. I think it would be great if we could get someone on here to create one for our aftermarket bumpers. A rebar that is more flat would be great even though it may not be as good as OEM.

One thing I will argue with you is that your going to try and tell me that lower ball looks like the rebar would have hit it. Look back at the pictures Red. You can see the hole the hitch left in my bumper...this holes lowest point would be the lowest point of the hitch (the lower ball). The pictures may not make this truck look like it sits as high but it does. All those marks on the flat part of the hitch that sticks out the most and the ball thats pointed to the right are from my hood. Thats how high the truck and hitch sit man. Again, this doesn't change anything anyways because protection up front is needed and should be there.

As far as an update all I can give you guys is a little info. My insurance company adjuster is not sure what will happen and I already yelled at them telling them to be prepared to go in defense mode for this one. They have all of the pictures and my statement so we will see what happens. In the meantime I am looking to buy a car since this was my DD and I'm driving a POS to work. I'm thinking four doors and about 4-5 years old. Any of your opinions on whats good would be great!