Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Aparrently I'm Not 21

Old 01-14-2007, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

you guys ever go to any clubs in florida? i'm sure they would be ALOT nicer and generous for paying customers. i mean you pay like $15 to go in a room. you pay less to see a good DJ spin in clubs. in florida they tell you to come down and bring all your friends over the radio. they also don't give a crap really who it is as long as you're not causing trouble.

said we should have had the passport with us
what the f*ck, passport to a club? what kind of club is this? who the f*ck, that would be the same thing as saying you need a motorcycle license to be able to drink alchohol.

never go to that club again. also another lesson, if you're going to call them to complain, call the next day so you don't get the same shift. you should have been refunded your money. goddamn...

well that's one club never to go to ever again. i made that mistake once going to a club in baltimore. go in, pay $15 and all the asshole rednecks in there blow smoke in your face, bump you, hit you, shove you and want to fight. they also think that holding their girlfriends and walking in circles to retarded music where you can't even move is fun. what a waste of money...

it's truly sad, but dumb shit like that has been going on forever. that bouncer is fat and he's a bouncer, i bet he was made fun of in school and is now getting his revenge. his life is already over that f*cktard. that club is ultra gay too.

if you guys want clubs, FL is the place. look up some DJ's next time you're down there.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:54 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yah pandy, you definatly owned yourself, i was in not with a fake ID, i got in for under 21, dont assume, and I was driving, i never never never drive after drinking even one sip...

Wait till she looks old enough to get in without being carded? ok they card everybody, even if they look 30, so thats stupid, not to mention that she IS 21, so why should she have to wait when she already waited until shes legal, the law isnt "you must look way older than 21" its you must be at least 21 years of age or older, and she was.

And we didnt need the club to have a good time but we intended to hang out with our friends that were inside, we didnt give a rats ass about the club really.

Complaining wont get you anywhere, it's their call to make and they wont care either way.

yes it does, because i made his night a little shittier that night and when i talk to his boss ill make that day even shittier, and he deserves it, dont try to make him out like the innocent martyr, he wasnt acting nice and saying "sorry man, i really hate to have to do this, but i have to keep an eye out for these things and if you can bring me another form of ID ill be glad to let you in, its really nothing personal."

Instead he was a dickhead and tried to act like he was the greatest thing since sliced bread and im going to make sure he thinks twice about his attitude, if nobody stood up for themselves this world would be a shitty place.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:43 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

QUOTE (Pandy @ Jan 15 2007, 07:13 AM)
All the time humans are being right and not doing things wrong they dont have to defend themselves.

It's only the guilty mind that goes on the defense.

Why should anyone have to defend what they know is right? for others? lol they dont deserve that.

No offense but that's a load of crap & you know it. Are you trying to tell me you never argue a point or an opinion & that when you do, it's only ever when you are wrong? People have fought for their rights & beliefs throughout history & if not for some of these people, the world would suck even more.

As for having a good time? I have that everywhere I go because I choose to make it like that. I dont need anything and I am happy just to drive around or sit and stare into space.

That's wonderful mate. Really. Kudos to you.

And I dont let anyone or anything ruin that. I would have just gone somewhere else and not thought about it. Complaining wont get you anywhere, it's their call to make and they wont care either way.

It sounds like you are happy to back off whether you are right or not. I hope you don't do that in all aspects of your life as there are many opportunities that could potentially be missed.
Sure, the club has the final say as to who they let in but this particular case sucks because: 1/ Alex & Selina seldom go out. 2/ Their friends that they rarely get to see were already in the club & couldn't be contacted. 3/ Their plans for a great night out with their mates were unfairly ruined by the bouncer. I have had to argue with bouncers on several occasions for different reasons (I.D., seeming too drunk, wrong clothes, improper footwear, etc...) & more often than not, if the right words are used & a respectable behaviour is maintained, the guys/girls at the door can be swayed.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:12 AM

Vehicle: 1997 RD Tiburon

Im a fulltime pub Bouncer. I think he was being an ass by not letting you in, that is clearly you in that photo ID, provided that was his only excuse.

The bouncer may have been an ass, but at the end of the day he has the right to refuse entry to the venue. I wouldn't have gone bonkers, I would just gone elsewhere, their loss of business. Who knows, the club might have had dramas with people with fake ID's at they were being extra cautious as not to get fined or their liquor licence revoked, in that case he was probably told not to let in people that could have caused an issue in that regard.

As a bouncer we put up with heaps of sh|t off people, like any job there are those that are good at it and then those who make us all look bad. Next time give the guy a bit of respect, he's just doing a job, I'm betting he didn't rock up to work with the sole intention of ruining your night.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:49 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

that sucks.

you look pretty pissed off. Smile nana.gif
Old 01-15-2007, 10:35 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Its happened to me before, when I shave I look like Im 17 so they assume its not me. I dont really care, I just go somewhere else.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:06 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I was 21 and the legal age here is 19. I tried to get into one place and because my license says that I don't need glasses to drive, they refused me because I wear them. The problem being that I didn't need glasses when I got my license and they're renewed every 5 years. I just got in the habit of walking semi blindly up to the door..lol.

Another time I was in the same situation as posted. And it was my friend who spouted off to the point of yelling out threats, so I grabbed him and dragged his @$$ back to the car to prevent him from receiving the beating of a lifetime (which in hindsight, he rightfully deserved). I went back and apologized to the bouncers telling them that he's had a rough night and that I was sorry that he caused a scene. A few months later I went back with some other friends, and they one guy recognized me and I was able to skip the line. He knew I wasn't going to be causing any trouble because I diffused it the last time.

Your situation does suck, seeing as how you had a good reason for being there. Give it a couple days and then call from a different place, or have someone else call. The best thing to do would be to find out the owner's name from someone, then call and specifically ask for them. If you call asking for "the owner", they've probably been told to make up an excuse, and if it was an important phone call you would know who it is you're trying to reach. We do that at work as well.