Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Anyone shoot golf?

Old 01-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Anyone shoot golf?

So I've been thinking about getting a set of clubs and taking up golf this year. I've been to a couple of driving ranges, and always had alot of fun. Plus, I love to play putt putt. *haha*

So who here plays it, and can you recommend a set of clubs for a first timer?
Old 01-11-2010, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02/hyundai/accent

ive been playing since i was a little kid with my dad. great game to relax and have a cigar and make some business deals with. i would recommend surfing the net and checking out online store like golfgalaxy.com or golfsmith.com they have the lowest prices and usually have blow out deals on last years equipment. i would recommend also getting a nice set of irons from like 2008 or something brands like callaway and taylormade are all great as well as nike, ping, mizuno. theyre all great. they are high end but its well worth it. you will need a set of irons as well as a set of woods. woods meaning your driver 3wood and 5wood. i dont personally play with a 3 wood and instead i have an extra wedge. but the best thing you can do is pick up the newest issue of golf digest. the newest issue has this past years top gear for 2010 meaning its all 2009 gear reviewed and ranked for use in 2010 so they will tell you what to look for in your equipment as well as what the pros that played with it thought of it.

and have fun. its a great game
Old 01-11-2010, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Tiburon

I love to play golf, I have Ping G10 irons and woods, and then an Odessy putter. GolfSmith is a good place to look, but since its your first set you would have better luck going to a golf shop to find the set you like best then check prices online. Pick a set that feels the best to you, but be warned golf is a very expensive sport to pick up.

But even if your not good at it remember: Golf is like sex, even if your not good at its still fun.