Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

For Anyone That Likes Halo, It Could Get Better...

Old 06-15-2005, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just came across this article and thought I would pass it on:
Link
Old 06-15-2005, 02:05 PM

that's awesome, i'd go see it for sure! laugh.gif
Old 06-15-2005, 03:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

As long as they don't ruin it, it would probably make a good money, albeit a tough one to make.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Oh, Microsoft is gonna make SURE this one is good.

Microsoft Corp. was near a deal Friday to sell the rights to make a movie based on hit video game series “Halo” after a recent round of Hollywood talks in which a high asking price and demands for creative input drew the ire of some parties, sources said

That'll make sure that it's done RIGHT.

The bidding for a movie based on “Halo” and “Halo 2,” a science fiction series about a warrior named Master Chief who battles aliens, began Monday when a script commissioned by Microsoft was delivered to Hollywood studios by messengers wearing Master Chief green armor and toting laser guns.

ROTFLMAO!!!

In this case, however, Microsoft hired writer Alex Garland, who penned 2003 horror hit “28 Days Later,” to dream up the story. Microsoft and CAA then sent their script to the studios and demanded to be part of the creative development.

Oh hell yeah, it should rock.

“Microsoft is not in the business of making movies, and that is why we want to partner with the studios. (But) we have an obligation to make sure the 'Halo’ franchise is protected and is something 'Halo’ fans can be proud of,” said de Leon.

Again, that's the way it SHOULD be. Don't just make a video game based movie for the money.

BTW, you guys see the info for Doom 3 the movie?

The Rock is the main character.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Hmm really? The rock is the man... his acting skills aren't that great, but it is funny as hell to watch him beat people up and raise his eyebrow and such. lol.gif

I wonder how the storyline is going to be layed out. I guess it will mainly be based on the cutscenes from the games. There is enough cutscenes in both games to make a movie out of. As long as they don't make the movie too long (watching the Chief kill grunts for three hours might be a little repetitive) it has the potential to be really good.