Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Anyone Heard From Uneek?

Old 11-07-2007, 04:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I sent him a PM about a week ago because I had one of my HID's burn out and I'd like to get a replacment, but haven't heard from him....

On a sort of side note. Does anyone know if the BOSH, HID's that Jay-M is selling would work as a replacment? I really don't want to have to buy a whole new set. mad.gif
Old 11-07-2007, 05:20 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

He said the bulbs from my EuroEFX kit were interchangable. Do you have a box inline with your wire going to the HID? He said if you do not and the connectors are the same, then it will work. I sent him a message requesting his attention to this thread for you.

Post a picture of the connectors or a generic picture of the kit which has the connectors.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:17 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

the bulbs should work, i've had uneek's kit and an assortment of jays kits and the connections are the same so you shouldn't run into any problems replacing the bulbs

of all the kits i've installed from him not one gave me a problem and these are all sorts on a variety of cars, im sure youll be happy with them smile.gif
Old 11-07-2007, 09:03 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

DTN, Vlad.... thanks so much for your helpful inputs!!!

BlackTibby00,

How's it going? I hope all is well with you. Thanks for your interest on my Bosch HID bulbs. My Bosch bulbs will fit your (uneek's) ballasts! here are some pics of my H7 Bulbs. The connectors used are the universal type and will fit with 95% of the HID kits out there. This goes the same with the ballast connectors.

btw, how did you come into conclusion that it was the bulbs that were defective? can you please make sure since most of the time the ballast fails first and it'll show the same characteristics as the bulbs failing. as for uneek, just keep trying and send him an email, it should be the same as his paypal addy. he is a good guy, he is prolly just really busy right now

Thanks a lot,
- Jay-M
Old 11-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Nex

^^
well that shouldnt be hard to figure out. just switch your bulbs, if it turns on its your ballast, if not its the bulb cool.gif
Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 AM

I'll agree with the problem is usually the ballast. I had someone send me a bulb they though had failed, it had not. Turns out the ballast did......

I'm actually using Uneeks ballasts, with my bulbs..and I'm about to put my bosch set up on my car with my bulbs.....
Old 11-07-2007, 10:58 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Thanks for all the input guys....No I haven't completley ruled out that it is just the bulb. I just figured, lights out must be the bulb. I will do a little diagnostics on this and see just what part is failing. It's good to know that I won't have trouble finding a replacment.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I've been trying to get Uneek here for almost a year now to sell rotors to us, as he does the NT crowd, he just doesn't answer anymore.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:28 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0t

::Hijack::

Jay-M, can I upgrade from a 6k to an 8k just by changing the bulbs? If so I may tag onto Blacktibby00's order.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:44 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

^^^
yes of course!!! PM me for more details