Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Anyone have a Beta (I or II) laying around [longblock]

Old 01-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon
Default Anyone have a Beta (I or II) laying around [longblock]

Alright guys, here is what I need if anyone can help me. I am looking for someone that might have a long block laying around in the garage or on a stand preparing a build or anything that they can get some good pictures/dimensions from.

I am looking to model a beta in 3D for a couple reasons..

one.. it would be damn cool.. two, it would help me come up with ideas for turbo kits on different models who use the beta before I actually have to have a car to mock things up on.

If I had a beta modelled up in CAD, I could get pictures of the new/other vehicles and scale most things pretty close to get an idea of what would work and what wouldn't.

On top of all that, I am writing a technical paper/book going over the aspects of turbo charging, components of turbo charging, etc. (kinda like a cliff notes of 'maximum boost' and 'street turbocharging' with my own experience, input and opinions)

I would like to create some figures using 3D models of turbo kits to point out various components and how they work, etc.

What I am looking for would be pretty easy if you had a motor laying around. pretty much pictures with a measuring tape for about 10+ dimensions of the motor, along with good pictures of the TOP, BOTTOM, drivers side, passengers side and some detailed shots, just so i can CAD in the pulleys and such for visual appeal.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

If you ever consider making a trip out this way you're more than welcome to poke around the garage. Plenty of Hyundai engines to measure/shoot.