Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Anyone A Body Builder

Old 06-23-2006, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering if anyone here goes to the gym constantly?

I currently go to the gym 5 days a week and I've been working out for about a year and a half and my most recent program has provided me with the best gains.

If anyone is interested I can supply the program which is actually pretty easy and works out well.

I'm currently taking Muscle Milk and a few other supplements.

Does anyone else here work out?
Old 06-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I love to work out, play racquetball, and do cardio. I want to do weight lifting but I gain too much weight when I do it. I want to eat everything in site. What's your program?
Old 06-23-2006, 03:19 PM

Well actually I'm trying to gain weight right now and it hasnt been working.

Since I've been working out and eating more often my metabolism has went up drastically.

I pretty much eat whatever I want also. Not to mention I eat fast food at least twice a week.

The program I just finished is for strength and it says mass but I didnt get big. Just strong.

It was the Bill Star 5x5 Program. 5 sets of 5 reps based off of your current numbers.

Monday
Squat 5x5
Flat Bench 5x5
Row 5x5
Military Overhead 5x5
Hyperextensions 3x12
Bicep Curls 3x12

Wednesday
Squat 5x5
Incline Bench 5x5
Deadlift 5x5
Military Overhead 5x5
Tricep Extensions 3x12
Bicep Curls 3x12

Friday
Squat 5x5
Flat Bench 5x5
Row 5x5
Military Overhead 5x5
Hyperextensions 3x12
Assisted Pull Ups 3x12
Tricep Extensions 3x12

You can do cardio on Tues/Thur but its not required. The idea here is to work the entire body 3x a week instead of one body part once a week. At the beginning based off your numbers you start lighter than you normally do. At week 4 you end up at your numbers you were able to do before hand.

This allows your body to adapt to working it out 3x weekly. Weeks 5-9 you steadily go past your old numbers and keep going up and change from 5x5 to 3 sets of 3 reps.

I started off benching 3 sets of 6 reps at 205
Now I work with 5 sets 5 reps of 235 so im sure i can do 3 sets of 6 reps of like 250

My incline has went up substantially. I was working out with 185 and no I can do 225.

All in 9 weeks of training. Those are some big gains in just two months of work and you're spending less time at the gym because its 3 days a weeks instead of 5.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:31 PM

I've been working out 5 days a week!! Im currently on True Mass, it's a weight gainer and it's a very good product, doesnt taste nasty either. Also on Anavol, which is a cell volumizer with creatine and glutamine which helps a alot. And of course a multi-vitamin. I'm not seeing the gains that i want so i might try this program. I have put on 12 pounds, but it was in like 20 weeks, which i should be doing better than that. I try this program and hopefully it will help me out alot. fing02.gif
Old 06-23-2006, 05:50 PM

It will definetly help if you've been working out and not noticed the gains you wanted.

you will find all the info on this plan and all details you need to know here.

Bill Star 5x5 Workout

It also has a graph where you enter in your maxes and it'll kick out the numbers for you. You can also adjust some of the exercises to what you'd rather have.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Wow that Monday looks like a b!tch. I layed off lifting for awhile and just run 5 days a week now. Trying to get down to 220 and then hit the weights again. I bulk up super fast when I lift, but I'm trying to trim down the fat and then build the muscle. Before I moved down here and was playing organized football I was at my strongest but I weighed 265. Boy was I huge. Now I'm trying to slim it down. I generaly reduce carbs soemwhat and go super heavy on protiens. No supplement except for whey. It's hard to keep up on protien w/o eating a gazillion calories.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:21 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Long, I suggest switching to the MAX-OT program.

Best program I've been on. Best results.

http://www.freedomfly.net/Documents/MAX-OT.pdf
Old 06-23-2006, 10:14 PM

I've always found the best way to gain mass is to use low reps and high weight with a spotter. It's necessary to build up initially with a lot of reps and sets at low weight, but once a week you should train the muscles you want to enlarge with weight that exhausts you in under 5 reps for 3 sets. I also usually do at least 3 exercises per muscle group a day, but it depends on what you want. If you want large arms and chest, you should be doing your arms and chest every other day and working your back and legs on the other days lightly on cardio days.

I usually split it like so...
Day 1:
Chest, biceps, and abs
Day 2:
Shoulders, back, and triceps
Day 3:
Different chest, bicep, and ab routine
Day 4:
Different Shoulder back, and tricep routine
Day 5:
Back to same as day 1

Etc etc

It also is important to not do the exact same routine because then you aren't getting the full workout on your muscles...for example, your tricep has 3 heads, delts have 3 muscles, biceps have 2 heads, so you have to do exercises that will strengthen ALLL of them to get bigger because eash individual head serves a different purpose.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:16 AM

^^^ looks interesting. nice setup.
QUOTE (kb5133 @ Jun 23 2006, 06:59 PM)
I weighed 265. Boy was I huge. Now I'm trying to slim it down. I generaly reduce carbs soemwhat and go super heavy on protiens. No supplement except for whey. It's hard to keep up on protien w/o eating a gazillion calories.

damn 265. how tall are you?
QUOTE (tanc @ Jun 23 2006, 07:21 PM)
Long, I suggest switching to the MAX-OT program.
Best program I've been on. Best results.
http://www.freedomfly.net/Documents/MAX-OT.pdf

I'll def. read the file. I have so much stuff to read for body building you kind of get tired of it...but im always open to new ideas. thanks.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I love working biceps and triceps and did them almost every day for a few months. I was never able to max them out. I used to go to the gym 6 days a week, working out every day and play 2 hours of racquetball two nights a week. I was eating so much, and I gained so much weight, but I did get stronger. Personally, I need to lose my gut before I try to build mass. I just don't like the cardio as much as the weights