Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Any Photo Gurus? Opinions On This Package?

Old 02-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if there are any photo gurus in here or people hard core into photography that could give me some good opinions. I have always wanted a nice camera setup and been into taking pics. my 5 year old 4MP kodak easyshare is not what i want.. lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif

anyways, this is the first thing i came across, and it looks like a great 'everything' package, and is in the price range id like to spend (under 700$) for camera + goodies.

nikon d40 + lots of shit

for those who don't wanna click the link.

its 685$ for:

[*]Nikon D40 DSLR Camera Body[*]EN-EL9 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery[*]MH-23 Quick Charger[*]UC-E4 USB Cable[*]DK-16 Rubber Eyecup[*]Camera Strap[*]BF-1A Body Cap[*]LC-52 Snap-on Front Lens Cap[*]DK-5 Eyepiece Cap[*]BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cap[/list]
      [*]Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G Lens[*]Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G Lens[*]Titanium .45x Wide Angle Lens[*]Telephoto Lens[*]3 Piece HIGH Resolution Filter Kit[*]8GB Secure Digital Memory Card[*]8GB Secure Digital Memory Card[*]USB Secure Digital Card Reader[*]DC Photo Backpack[*]Deluxe Video & Photo Tripod[*]Professional 3 Pc. Lens Cleaning Kit[*]Table Top Tripod[*]Digital Flash For SLR's[*]Heavy Duty Aluminum Hard Case[*]Screen Protectors[/list]

please post your thoughts, opinions, and suggestions.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:21 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

IMO, wellyou know it already, but go for it its an awsome package and i have that camera and am very very impressed

check out my flickr

Zkendall
Old 02-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Banned

read some of the NEG reviews of the seller, and it seems that some say its not brand new/un-opened and the quality of the flash and stuff isn't great.

imma look into it some more.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:02 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

To the best of my knowledge, its a Good Camera and its a Good Package for the price as well.
I myself have a Cannon Rebel Xsi its 12.2 MP and comes with an 18-55mm and a 75-300mm lens. The flash on the cameras themselves are plenty for decent photography, although there is a difference and you will immediately notice it if you buy a independent Good flash.
But, like i said, its a good package comes with most of the stuff i have to and have had to buy after. I dont think you will be disappointed and reviews are your best friend sometimes you dont mind something "negative" or its a feature you are looking for! (dont ask me why).

This is specifically for the D40.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I have friends that love their canon's and nikon's, I think really it comes down to personal preference here. One isn't technically superior than the other just because of brand. (of course I'm talking similiar to similar level of camera).

I've bought a few camera's from B and H photo. From what I've seen their prices are typically unbeatable. They are always way under my electronic distributors.

Here's the closest thing I can find to that kit your looking at. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5003...a.html#includes

Looks like the ebay one is a little less with a case and such too! I'd probably go with the ebay one then. Any warranty is going to be from nikon anyways.

edit: btw, have you shot photo's with one of these before? Unless your serious about taking pictures I'd be looking at a point and shoot. My sister has some canon EOS and it takes amazing photo's but just for day to day stuff she carries around a canon sd1000 just because it's so much handier.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:43 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Rebel XTi is the best unless there's a newer one out. StrikeEagle can confirm.