Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

any chairforce guys?

Old 12-02-2010, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default any chairforce guys?

well tryin to find out wtf i wanna do with my life. got tons of ideas and am lookin for advice/info on a few things

right now im kicking around the idea of getting a degree then joining the air force as a officer. being that im in a city that pretty much exists cuz of the local base, i know tons of officers and they seem to like it. plus it would be nice to have some "job security"

i know the air force doesnt let fat kids in(obviously they dont provide a in-flight meal during war time) but ive been working on that, ive lost 39lbs since i moved here. in order to meet the requirements i have roughly the same left to go (really proud of myself for that one expecially since i LOST weight during thanksgiving, a hard thing to do). my eye site only needs a -4 correction(i read they will take up to a -6) when i was in high school i got a 34 on my ACTs so, with some brushing up i should be able to pass the tests

i hear of pros all the time from the people already in it, but i need to hear the cons of the same effect. i know the greatest one is being away from my family for extended periods of time, but what are the others?

what sort of degrees are they looking for? i know they are practically begging for people of the medical field, but what else?
Old 12-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

They are most looking for linguists and intel.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

talk to AJ. or bury the hatchet and talk to Javageek.