Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Another Tib With A Messed Up Nose

Old 01-20-2007, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0t

Just like this guy: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=20152&hl= I have had bad luck this winter. But I can one up him! I rear ended my G/F's 2006 Yaris! owned.gif

All her car ended up with was a cracked rear bumper. Mine? not so good 02.gif

Need a new,hood and rad support. the bumper is scratched but will do till summer(will get Vadar 2 I think).
The headlight assemblies were carcked at the houseing but I repaired with epoxy putty the pices that i could find (stuff actually works very well, very strong within 10 mins.)

Im fixing it myself rather than insurance because I JUST signed with a new company on the 15 (accident was on 16 02.gif ) and I have to go for an apraissal inspection by Feb12 so I cant claim or they will drop me for sure. My rates finnaly went down for the first time in 4 years (tickets/theft claims) so if it costs me $1500-2000 now thats fine cuz I would pay atleast that in the long run.

Me and my buddy Jason(Blacktibby00) takled the job today and everything was goin fine untill we tried to remove the rad support. It would appear they tack welded it to the frame when it was assembled at the factory so I'm gonna have to bring it to a shop to air chisel out the welds, DAMMIT. mad.gif

Heres the before, during and hopfully will follow up with after pics next weekend.

heres where they tac welded I believe:

and my ghetto headlight assemblies now

Old 01-20-2007, 01:13 PM

thats messed up yo, PILE_OF_RD1 got in an accident last year and got rear ended, but when he did, he got pushed into his g/f's pt cruiser that was sitting ahead of him at the light. no damage to the PT, but we had to install a new front bumper, and new headlight and corner assembly's. his fenders, and hood are still messed up, hence why he has a bra on the car now to cover those up.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:50 PM

Vehicle: 2000

ya my tib sits wreacked too. it is identical to your damage. the radiator support should just come out once you drill out the spot welds. i have removed my support twice now and its not that hard. just get a spot weld cutter or a drill bit a little bigger than the spotweld and drill out the top metal. try not to break through both sheets other wise you will need to put the spot welds in other places. good luck with the car. if you have any questions about removal of anything just pm me i am a certified body tech so i should be able to help.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:08 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0t

hmm, it looks to difficult to just drill out to be honest atleast at the bumper supports. Just so I'm looking in right spots are there anymore than pictured here?: