Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Another mass shooting

Old 02-14-2018, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Another mass shooting

February 14, 2018 03:37 PM

PARKLAND, Fla. (AP) - A shooting at a Florida high school Wednesday sent students rushing out into the streets as SWAT team members swarmed in and locked down the building, and police warned the shooter was still at large. Ambulances converged on the scene as emergency workers appeared to be treating possibly wounded people on the sidewalks.

Television footage showed police in olive fatigues, with weapons drawn, entering the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, then dozens of children frantically running and walking quickly out. A police officer waved the students on, urging them to quickly evacuate the school.

Some students exited the building in single-file rows with hands raised overhead to show they carried no weapons. Others held onto other students as they made their way out past helmeted police in camouflage with weapons drawn.

Emergency medical personnel pulled stretchers from the backs of ambulances as police cars surrounded the parking lot. At least one person was seen being wheeled to the ambulance on a gurney. It wasn't immediately clear how many people were wounded.

Coral Springs Police said on their Twitter account Wednesday that the school was locked down and that students and teachers inside should remain barricaded until police reach them.

The Broward County Sheriff's Office tweeted that the shooter was still at large even as the evacuation was underway.

(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Old 02-14-2018, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

____'n daily occurrence nowadays. _______'n losers.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Didnt know this about Florida:

• The right to bear arms is found in the first article of Florida's constitution: "The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed..."
  • You don't need a permit or license to buy a gun, nor do you have to register a firearm.
  • You don't need a permit to conceal carry a rifle or shotgun, although you do need it to conceal carry a handgun.
  • The state Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services must issue a concealed weapons license to an applicant as long as the person meets a certain set of requirements, including being a US citizen, being the age of 21 or older, not having a felony conviction and demonstrates competence with a firearm.
  • You can buy as many guns as you want at one time, because Florida doesn't regulate that either.
  • Gun sellers don't have to get a state license to sell firearms.
  • The state does require a three-day waiting period before you can buy a gun.
  • Florida does not regulate assault weapons, .50-caliber rifles and large capacity ammunition magazines.
  • Florida also has the "stand your ground" law, which the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action describes as a person having no "duty to retreat" if they're attacked in a place where they have a legal right to be.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I find it both sad and humorous that a non-violent felon can't buy a firearm, but a paranoid schizophrenic can.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:29 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

The United States has some crazy damn laws. I didn't realize how little authority, rights, and privileges you have as a legal, moral, tax-paying citizen until I went through court.

I'm involved in a lawsuit right now with my brother-in-law who while attending my dad's funeral, came into our house, kicked myself and my parents out of our house, including my dad who had leukemia a the time, trashed the house completely and locked us all out. He's been squatting there for 1 year, drug-dealing, sub-renting to narcotics dealers, and the court can do NOTHING.

He also stole the car twice, wrecked it, we even have footage of him stealing it, and .............nothing. He put $23,000.00 worth of drugs in my car to try and set me up. I submitted it to police ............nothing. They didn't even want to pull fingerprints.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Oh hey look another school shooting where the killer was a violent, mentally disturbed person but the press goes straight for gun control politics
Old 02-16-2018, 05:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

There's a lot of shooting stories that were in the grey area where we said he shouldn't have had a gun, or someone should have known. But this one........THIS ONE is on the hands of everyone around him. This guy was KNOWN to be psycho. This guy was reported multiple times. Everyone around him was screaming ALERT, yet no officials did anything. These officials need to be held accountable for their lack of action just as if they pulled the trigger themselves.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:34 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra GLS Sportswagon

Just keep killing each other eventually there will be no one left to shoot, problem solved
Old 02-16-2018, 11:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Oh damn! The FBI just admitted they dropped the ball on it. Got a call a month ago that he was going to shoot up the school and was crazy, but didn't follow through with an investigation.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:36 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra GLS Sportswagon

Originally Posted by JonGTR
Oh damn! The FBI just admitted they dropped the ball on it. Got a call a month ago that he was going to shoot up the school and was crazy, but didn't follow through with an investigation.

Probably too busy with the Trump circus