Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Another cop thread

Old 02-10-2012, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 elantra md
Default Another cop thread

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1265992.html

Nevada cops pull guy over, detain him courtesy of knees to the head. Find out he "might be" diabetic, hilarity ensues. Guy gets almost $300k.

He should’ve gotten more IMO.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:06 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Well....... For all they knew he was drunk... But still, I don't think the kicking and name calling was justifiable.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:49 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec

Keeping it classy!
Old 02-10-2012, 04:21 PM

Vehicle: 2010/Hyundia/Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track

Originally Posted by 03-accent-03
Well....... For all they knew he was drunk... But still, I don't think the kicking and name calling was justifiable.

Exactly, too manay monday morning quarterbacks.... You have to judge them based on what they knew and saw at the time. No the 'evil cops' did not beat up a diabetic, stupid media, cops took down a swerving driving that was huge and so it took a lot of them and a few of them took it too far.

The diabetic could have killed someone if he was swerving and didn't realise this and could have passed out. He should know his limits better or have his license taken from him.

I don't see a problem with 6 guys trying to take him down....Of course the guy kicking him in the face is rediculous and so is the guy kneeing him like that and they should be punished. This caused the guy to try and defend his face/rtorse which was seen by the other officers (that might not have seen this) as resisting. There was wrong on both sides, he should be happy he got $300k and both parties should move on, which they are.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Whatnot
There was wrong on both sides, he should be happy he got $300k and both parties should move on, which they are.

I disagree. I think the cops should be fired. Kicking someone in the face is an abuse of power. With unemployment rates the way they are, why bother with these morons, fire them and get some better cops out there. I always hear that, "oh there's a few bad cops and the rest are good." You'd think this would be a great opportunity to make them all good cops. We shouldn't reward bad behavior.

As far as the victim being diabetic therefore it's partially his fault goes, as far as I know, you're still legally able to drive if you're a diabetic. While I see the dangers in this, especially during a diabetic shock, they're still within the law (correct me if I'm wrong.) Kicking a person in the face isn't.

Yes, I'm a little biased, but working in a town where one person was shot and killed by a cop who was holding a broom and another person tased to death, I'm a little skeptical towards cops "exercising restraint."
Old 02-10-2012, 07:58 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Holy crap, is that how traffic stops should go down?

If I was approaching somebody drunk and potentially unstable, I wouldn't be shouting and brandishing weapons.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:08 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

There was a traffic stop in Virginia yesterday. The driver was was a kind and respected 54-year-old Sunday School teacher known for babysitting kids and making gifts for them around her neighborhood. The officer shot her 5-6 times and killed her on spot, and created a story that said she sped off with his arm in the door.

Witnesses watching from their homes claim that wasn't what they saw.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/18...Shooting-In-VA

Sure she shouldn't have driven away, however it's still frightening that they can just shoot as they please on open neighborhood streets and then LIE about it. It's just getting out of control, especially targeting regular citizens that are least likely to be causing crime.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:23 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Yesterday I got a stop sign violation ticket that was bullshit. Immediately afterwards I watched the cop make an illegal left turn, followed him (legally) and called him out on it in view of other citizen's. He said "what're ya gonna do" so I flipped him the bird and went on my way. Ass.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by 'treezy
Yesterday I got a stop sign violation ticket that was bullshit. Immediately afterwards I watched the cop make an illegal left turn, followed him (legally) and called him out on it in view of other citizen's. He said "what're ya gonna do" so I flipped him the bird and went on my way. Ass.

I'm surprised you weren't gunned down!
Old 02-11-2012, 04:27 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^ditto!! You have real guts to follow a cop and call him out. I could never bring myself to do that apart from arguing a ticket in court as the only option. You could have landed in cuffs just for opening your mouth like they do here.