Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Another Close One !

Old 06-19-2007, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Well after a terrible weekend (I wont bore you with it, was all to do with women again tho !) I get a call from my step mother, in tears last night, telling me that she was filing for divorce from my father in law. This upset me, so I said I would go and see her and my beloved step sis last night.. So I go up there, we go out to eat and I spend some time with them. It was pretty damned depressing tbh. I hate seeing them upset.. That coupled with my own problems and there was only one fix ! Belt the Tib for a bit and wear off some leather.

So I was coming home along 322 doing around 65 in a 55, nothing spectacular. I had the stereo on full whack belting out 'Five Oclock somewhere' (lol yeah I went to the rodeo saturday night) and as I come up to the red light there's a car sitting in the normal lane. Well I only had to slow to about 40 before it went green so I dipped into the passing lane and floored it. My car makes a lovely growl. Anyway after hitting about 90 and passing a few old people on their way home from AC I slowed it and went back into the normal lane, back to around 60. Then I notice some bright fookin headlights right up behind me. And I dont like this, because as every tib owner will tell you it SUCKS when youre in the low slung tib, theres hardly any escape from being blinded. So I pulled into the fast lane to avoiid the lights, and again floored it to get away from this. Then they changed to flashy red and blue ones. F**K !.

So I stopped, and was sure that this time it was it, I was going to get nailed with a ticket and my ex wife was going to find out and cancel my insurance..

He got pissed at me, because first thing I do when stopped by cops is light a ciggarette, I dunno I spose it helps my nerves. Well as he stood there blinding me I flicked the ash out the window and it really pissed him off, saying how he hated smoking ya de da..I was certain my luck was out...

So as he's explaining that I ruined his coffee break (he was sitting in the wawa @ the light where I did my first footdown) he went on to say "look, this isnt the Indianapolis 500.. If I hadnt have heard that engine blasting like that I wouldnt have come after you" I did, in my best Prince Charles voice then explain that the engine was stock, but he didnt believe me... So then he asks me "have you ever had a ticket before?" and I felt like breaking into tears. I said of course no I hadnt, and if I got one I would have no insurance. Explained how the wife and I were seperated but still living at the same address. Then he made some ignoant comment about "well Im not suprised she left you driving like you do" and I then reminded him of my 100% clean record.

So then unknowingly to me he stopped going on about the speeding (thank f***) and started on my car.

"those tals are illegal" to which I didnt have much of an 'out' so I blaned it on Shark Racing, saying that when I ordered them and paid the $400 they told me over and over that they were fine. LOL. I also mentioned how it was very cloudy and confusing because the USA has all different kinds of laws.. So he started telling me how his younger bro has the same car as me (phew) and he has spent serious $$$ and so on. He began to be a bit nicer now.. So then he gets nasty again about the cig Im smoking and says "look, use the f***ing ashtray" and I point to my console and say "It's gone, we chopped it out when modding for the stereo" and he was cool with that, even gave me his plastic coffee cup that he was now finished with LOL.

So then after picking on me about my heads, tails, sides and so on he finally wrote me a warning for the tails, telling me to 'red out' the reflectors. No ticket, nothing. He did mention that my car looked "very well maintained and safe" to which I said "yeah well I have spent all the money on making it reliable and most importantly, safe." again mentioning the stock engine but the better brakepads, belts and seats and so on..

And I was once again on my way.. PHEEEEW.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:22 PM

Good Story, thats cool you made it out w/o a ticket... ya lucky bastard, its gotta be the accent nana.gif
Old 06-19-2007, 06:36 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

You should have referred his bro to the site.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:30 PM

so you get away with something like that, and I get a ticket for creeping into the intersection, 2 seconds b4 the light turns green. Whats wrong with these pictures? lol
Old 06-20-2007, 05:52 AM

^^^ you're in canada.. that's what's wrong with this picture.

And Pandy, like the nice cop said, slow it down.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:39 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

I don't drive fast as a rule. I have now held my license for over 3 years total and have not had one accident, ticket or warning.. And the warning was for my choice of look lol..

Yeah I was doing 90, which of course is dumb.. But then TBH I have done 90 alot more times before and they were usually all to AVOID accidents. I have also had to slam on my breaks and swerve into oncoming lanes to avoid idiots (some stupid ho on 295 pulled out of the shoulder from a dead stop right in front of me doing 70, accel and swerve, OUT of trouble).

I am a driver who uses offense as defense where it is needed, thankfully the tib has the power to pull me out of trouble and when needed stop me before I get into it.. And it's the perfect car to drive like that with such awesome breaks and accel smile.gif It's alot easier to steer when you're accelerating than it is when you're breaking.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:12 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

you keep getting lucky mate.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:30 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon