Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Amount of time it takes to earn what a CEO does in an hour

Old 12-13-2013, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Accent
Default Amount of time it takes to earn what a CEO does in an hour

So here is an interesting study I saw in the news today, over a hundred fast food and retail stores were sampled and they calculated how long it takes the average employee to earn what their company's CEO earns in an hour. Here are the companies from the sample with the highest earning CEOs, and how long it takes an average worker to earn just an hour of their pay.

McDonalds - 6 months 4 weeks

Starbucks 6 months 2 weeks

Dollar General 5 months 4 weeks

The Gap 5 months 2 weeks

TJ Maxx 5 months 2 weeks

Target 4 months 4 weeks

Walmart 4 months 3 weeks

CVS 4 months 2 weeks

Best Buy 3 months 4 weeks

AT&T 3 months 1 week.

My thought is that this is a clear sign of poor income inequality.

http://qz.com/156522/how-many-months...es-in-an-hour/
Old 12-13-2013, 04:44 PM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

If McDonalds had the level of responsibility these CEO's have, I'd expect them to make more too... But they don't. So what's the problem?
Old 12-13-2013, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

i hope the greedy ceo's and upper up's get cancer when they retire to enjoy their big fat nest egg.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:09 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

inorite! Nasty CEOs and 1%ers.

How dare they take the hard jobs, making multi-national mega companies successful day-in and day-out. Working sometime 80-100 hours a week and on call 24/7. It's like they feel so damn important taking on the make-it or break-it responsibilities every day. I hope a disgruntled doctor infects them Hepatitis C, or some psycho hobo rapes and murders their children in cold blood. a**holes.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Originally Posted by Tibbi
inorite! Nasty CEOs and 1%ers.

How dare they take the hard jobs, making multi-national mega companies successful day-in and day-out. Working sometime 80-100 hours a week and on call 24/7. It's like they feel so damn important taking on the make-it or break-it responsibilities every day. I hope a disgruntled doctor infects them Hepatitis C, or some psycho hobo rapes and murders their children in cold blood. a**holes.

I've known a few CEO's. Most spend more time "networking" than making actual decisions. That's what upper management is for.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

...and before you get to the C level, you are usually in (fill in the blanks) U___r M________t

A local economics professor has a saying with which I agree completely: "In America today, if you aren't making $100,000/year by the time you are thirty, either you don't really want to or you suck." I don't really want to. Most people don't really want to. The people out protesting how much their boss makes, suck.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:06 AM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

The only person in charge of how much money you make in life / at your job is you. Don't like how much money you make or hate your job? It's your own damn fault.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:55 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Originally Posted by Stocker
A local economics professor has a saying with which I agree completely: "In America today, if you aren't making $100,000/year by the time you are thirty, either you don't really want to or you suck."

It took me until 33 and getting a 2nd job to pull it off, but damnit I plan to make a good living for my family (and garage.) Also made some pretty shitty decisions along the way, and tossed 7 years in the crapper by sticking to a company with no possibility of advancement; but at some point you have to man up and fight for what you want. In the past 10 months I have tripled my income. I want money and a new career, and I'm damn well going make both happen.