Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Alltel Divested Customer.... Wtf!

Old 04-14-2009, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

We had been having trouble with my wifes phone so yesterday I brought it into Alltel to see about getting it fixed. It was pretty crowded so after about 30 minutes of waiting I get helped. He punches my number into the computer and it will not bring up my account. He goes somewhere else in the computer and then tells me that since Verizon bought Alltel I am now a divested customer and if I want service I need to go to the store in Roswell or use the automated customer service. Roswell is a three hour drive from here! I have never heard of something so ignorant in my life. I called customer service and asked about being switched back and was told it is not possible. I was thinking of pushing to get my account closed because of this, but the only stores we have in town are Alltel and Sprint.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:01 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

Tell them that is BS Mike. they tried to do that to several guys here at work and they refused to get changed.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:01 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

That sucks man. Companies pull crap like that and them wonder why they don't have people buying there crappy services anymore, it's amazing.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:27 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Ouch, what a crappy company. Come buy a T-Mobile phone. LOL
Old 04-14-2009, 09:33 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

alltel/verizon sucks, plain and simple. They get 1 bar at my house in the middle of town, horrible service. Att gets 5 bars.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

see guys that is the problem with having other cell companies. AllTel around here has most reception in my area once you get into the less populated areas. I have bounced around from alltell to cellular one for years going through their crap until i just decided i didnt need a cell phone.

yeah, it can be a pain in the azz, but when that is all you have, you play by their rules. Mike, they didnt give you any forewarning that this may happen? any major changes like customer relocation they are supposed to let you know prior to it becoming a reality.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:17 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Damn Java, that sucks, I would tell them to shove the phone up their butt and go elsewhere, like Redz says, go get T-Mobile.

Supercow, you can't say Verizon sucks, plain and simple. For me, Verizon gets full signal, and with ATT, you have to stand on one hand, with your left leg turned to the west, and your phone at a 45 degree angle just to get a weak signal....

It is all about where you live.