Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

For all you drinkers

Old 11-12-2008, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Accent 2.0L
Default For all you drinkers

Check this out, how to make your own brew!

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Alcohol-...on-Table-Sugar
Old 11-12-2008, 02:02 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

I've been homebrewing for about 2 years now and that's sort of the gist of it. I only do beer as it's fairly simple to do and tastes just as good if not better than a lot of microbrews. I'd suggest googling a brewers supplier in your area. They will be able to hook you up with all this equipment and the ingredients. My supplier actually sells kits that have portioned hops, malt, yeast, sugar, etc to make different types of beer. A starter kit makes a great gift for the holidays and as long as you're willing to wait about 2 or 3 weeks an average mix will make about 35 bottles of beer.

Another note about that site, you DO NOT have to be 21 to brew beer in the US, you just can't drink it wink.gif
Old 11-12-2008, 02:34 PM

Vehicle: 02 accent

If you brew it, isn't that possesion? Wouldn't you be a Minor In Possesion? At least around here, that's still illegal. unsure.gif

But SharpTooth, have no fear (yes, I know, bad pun), for the PNW is center of the microbrew world. You have lotsa selection here, if you wanna make some. banana.gif
Old 11-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I've been wanting to get a kit, but I dont know the first thing about making beer. My luck, I would screw it up and it would taste horrible. *haha*
Old 11-12-2008, 03:59 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Accent

Guy at my store was very helpful and the kit i bought included an instruction manual. Your first batch will suck, but get some buddies over (it takes a few hours to boil the wort and get everything ready) and just have a good time. I think it depends on what point you would be able to consider it a completed product and thus alcohol for it to be considered Possession. But honestly no one will come knocking on some kid's door for an MiP.