Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Airline Connections?

Old 01-31-2005, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airline Connections?

I am graduating in April with a degree in Aviation Adminstration. I have so far applied for about 12 jobs, and I have heard nothing (it has been two weeks so far). Being a community and all, does anyone here have connections to get me in at an airline. ANY AIRLINE. I would like to find an entry level management job, but I guess anything would work. If you do, please PM me, and maybe we can discuss more details. Thanks guys!
Old 01-31-2005, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

if I were in your position, I would go for a TSA type job. I know a guy personally who works about 10 hours (max) each week, gets paid for 40. He works on the TSA Explosive Scanning machines (the big ones in international airports that scan the luggage). He fixes them and repairs them, but he can't go into work until 10pm @ night because that's when the flights stop. He loves it, gets paid a ton of money, and rarely has to work. He doesn't have to work with anyone else around because the airports are pretty empty after 10pm. I'm not sure if he actually works FOR TSA or not, but he drives an Evo VIII and makes a TON of money.

He works at Nashville International Airport. Do you live near a major airport? Can you check into TSA careeres?
Old 01-31-2005, 08:04 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

My step father is retired from Air France. Have you tried applying with them?
Old 01-31-2005, 08:07 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Hey! I'm looking to start my Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Science this spring. Right now I am at a community college taking Aviation classes with a great instructor. He has already helped me with admissions into certain prestigious colleges and is very knowledgeable in the aviation industry. What do you want to know? If there are any openings in a certain airline or something along those lines? I can talk to him at school on Feb 2nd, e-mail at pganpath@mac.com and tell me what you want to know. Where did you go to college?
Old 02-02-2005, 10:41 AM

I went to Western Michigan University, so the only other people that might have a one up on me are people from Embry Riddle. I am looking for a job at an airline, and preferrably a low cost carrier. I have checked with Air France, and they really don't have much there unless I want to work part time customer service. I have applied with Jet Blue, Air Tran, America West, Southwest, Comair, and American. I haven't heard anything from anyone yet, and I was just wondering if there is someone that has a connection (ie a name that will get me an interview) for a job.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:13 PM

Dude try for Fed Ex they are always looking for people, but you might actually have to work on air planes a degree don't mean sh!t if you don't know how they actually work. Also Crestview aero space. Then you can move down close to java.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:20 PM

Is Western Michigan a good college? Do a lot of airlines hire grads from there? I am currently applying to Embry-Riddle (can't decide on Daytona or Prescott?...maybe Prescott because of better flying weather) But I also want to apply to University of North Dakota. It's cold but a VERY good college and many airlines have connections there, I think they have the highest rate of graduates going into jobs right after graduation...
Tell me more abour Westen Michigan please
pganpath@mac.com
Old 02-02-2005, 05:21 PM

Good suggestions, but I am an administration major, not a maintenance. Thanks for the help though...too bad I am not an engineer!
Old 02-04-2005, 03:14 PM

So you are applying for an administrative position for an airline? That's a little harder...sorry. Does WMU have an aeronautical engineering degree or commercial pilot training? I'll have to check out their site...
Old 02-05-2005, 12:16 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Kia Sorento

thinking.gif My dad was in the Air Force special forces pilot on C-130's and then he became the air port manager at the Manhattan, KS airport.He is currently in Africa with the AIM air missionary work. But, I will ask him if he has any connections that might be helpful to ya. smile.gif