Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Air Force wants more land near Area-51

Old 09-10-2015, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02 beta accent, 91 gmc syclone
Default Air Force wants more land near Area-51

A Henderson family has until 3 p.m. today to accept the Air Force’s $5.2 million offer to buy roughly 400 acres encircled by the Nevada Test and Training Range, which includes Area 51. If the family declines, which they have said they will, the Air Force would likely force a sale, seizing the pocket of private land that has been in the family since 1889 and awkwardly sits amid 2.9 million acres of restricted federal land.

If the Air Force invokes eminent domain, it would be allowed to take the property owned by the Sheahan family, in exchange for an amount of money to be determined in court.

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2015/sep...-near-area-51/

Leave it to the government to want more land.

More info on it http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/mi...d-near-area-51
Old 09-11-2015, 08:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

This happens all the time and has actually happened on a school construction project that I'm working on now. The land was seized by the gov't to build the school. The land was owned by a lady, however it was not developed or being used. She refused their high offer to sell, so she was forced to take a lesser amount later. I think in that case, the gov't was able to take it relatively easily because she wasn't doing anything with it. But, if it's your home or farm-land which is being highly utilized, I believe the gov't would have a much tougher time taking it away from you.