Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

30,000 more troops

Old 12-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default 30,000 more troops

So Obama gave his speech and said he's sending 30,000 more troops over seas. I swear...this war is gonna go on forever. headshake.gif
Old 12-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Wait, more troops? Hmm, that doesn't sound like the promises he made during his campaign. I thought we were supposed to be out of Iraq by now also.

Damn politicians.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Hes saying the troops are going over to help combat against the taliban, among other reasons.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

As much as I dislike the guy, and as much as I'd love to NOT be in Iraq/Afghanistan, I'm glad we're sending troops if that's what needs to be done to resolve this. Those in charge of the men on the ground (not the politicians) should be deciding what needs to be done.

If our Presidents were actually involved in the fighting, they would make better decisions. I'm glad we're listening to the people who are actually fighting this war.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:01 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

all i will say is that it is a religious war and religion cannot be fought with artillery, blood, and death. that is all.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:09 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Tiburon

The "war" in Iraq is a joke we need to get out of there. But in Afghanistan thats a different story, the terrorist organizations based their killed thousands of innocent Americans.

I wouldnt say its a religious war, it just so happens that the people we are fighting are of a different religion than us.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

do you think the terrorists stay in Afghanistan? Do you consider Pakistan a terrorist area?

I believe we're fighting people who are using religion as an excuse for their actions.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:57 PM

nobody can know for sure, but we have already paying for the protection, bribing, paying off of afghan drug lords and opium fields and that is a major source of funding. now being passed in congress, a new war tax will pay for the troop surge. it will target the upper class americans earning higher than 200k/year using a new "inflation tax". more bad news for the economy.

it is clear that Iraqi, Afghan, all of the Mid-East opinion of the "west" are poor, especially now. i've given it a lot of thought and conclude that terrorists are blowing sh*t up in persistent aggression instead of using the media to explain themselves and reveal why they are infuriated. either that or the U.S. media stops them from ever being successful at it.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:15 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/12/0...sons/index.html

that video pretty much sums it up. If Russia could not do it, I don't see why the U.S. even tries. all Nato forces pulled out, and Nato troops don't want to be a part of this. nobody wants to join the Iraqi Security MNF because they're all frightened to, especially after a few suicide bombings killed their own.