Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

2K3 Tiburon on the cover of Import Tuner

Old 01-29-2003, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

Bat Lord:
nice, but there's just thing I'm wondering, how come SR was given credit for the name of that KIT??? aren't they legally selling them, so it should've said something like provide by SR but it's a MIN KIT???

but other than that the article is nice and funny
Maybe because some fool thinks it's a 2002 Tiburon and didn't know it wasn't a Shark Racing kit.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:50 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

thanks Spike, wouldn't that be funny, that they do a shoot between 3 tibbies in the states, and a car done up custom beats the crap out of a big company like APEXI... that is the reason why you would never see that happen
Old 01-29-2003, 12:16 PM

Kidd Supreme:
Hell has frozen over. Pigs do fly. And Import Tuner put a Hyundai... a Apex'i Turbo Tiburon no less... on the cover of its magazine. I can hardly believe the guy actually gives props to the vehicle. This issue shall be put away for safe-keeping.. if only to prove that a Hyundai actually made the cover of Import Tuner.
Hell is in an ICE AGE!! rolleyes.gif I guess with all the competetion from the new mags, Import Tuner probably figured that it has to change witht the times. To them its like. suicide
Old 01-29-2003, 04:42 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

Nice article.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:22 PM

Kidd Supreme:
No scanner but...

Minority Report
"H" Emblems aren't always found on Hondas

At first you see it in the rear-view mirror; the red flash coming up quickly. The car is definitely sporting a wide-body kit because it takes up almost every inch of the lane next to you. The customer HID lights blind you temporarily but, after your eyes readjust, you notice the large A'pexi GT-Spect front-mount intercooler occupying the large opening in the front bumper. From there, your eyes roll up to the carbon-fiber hood and that's when you think to yourself, "Another damned modified Honda."

The car pulls up next to you but you make every attempt not to see or look at the driver. You hear the red car's engine idling and there's a slight, throaty, grumbling sound. "I'm going to light this guy up," you think to yourself, as you rev your engine a couple of times. The light turns green; you pop the clutch and hammer the accelerator to the floor. It looks lik you've taken him off the line. Your adrenaline is rushing as you mash the gearbox into second. Suddenly, you notice a speck of red in the far right corner of your windshield. It grows larger and larger until you realize that the car is pulling on you--pulling hard.

By the time you get into third gear, you can see the entire side of the car. It looks nice, but you don't want to give it any credit because it's currently kicking your *** and saving your bones for dessert. The Ferrari Red PPG paint, covered in a graphics scheme provided by Vinyl Mayhem, is quickly blending into the fast-moving landscape as the car accelerates away from you as if you were moving in reverse. Your eyes catch the curves of the rear fenders and you notice they are molden on; this happens at the same moment you notice the 18x9.5-in BBS RS-GT rims wrapped in BF Goodrich G-Force rubbers tucked underneath the fenders.

Finally the guy you're racing is so far in front of you that you can see the entire rear end of his very bright-red car. The first thing you notice is the C-West rear upper spoiler, then the A'Pexi N1 exhaust outlet. You're getting beat badly and it's not funny anymore. As you let off the gase, you see it staring you right in the face--that ubiquitous "H" emblem. But something is wrong; the "H" you see isn't the standard "Red H." This one appears to be rounder, and slanted to the right, as if someone italicized the sticker. And that's when it hits you, "I just got beat by a Hyundai."
What they don't tell you is the story took place in Florida and it continues....

Wait a minute... what's this.... it's blue.... it similar in shape... but lower and sleeker.... another car is coming up and it's gaining fast.... ah.... it's BatLord's "blue-streak"!... just dusted the red demon... big-time!
Old 01-29-2003, 10:06 PM

hahahaha good one man... lol if I can only dream like that... smile.gif hopefully I get that call soon, and at least from me they'll have numbers... proven numbers... not just a show car
Old 01-30-2003, 02:32 AM

Smoke that *** smile.gif lol
Old 01-31-2003, 02:24 AM

hehehe I can't believe I missed this, someone just sent me this, it's on the IMPORT TUNER WEBSITE, that's where they saw my car at HIN ORLANDO... and they got this