Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.
View Poll Results: Which Company?
Kinkos
66.67%
Lulu.com
23.81%
cafepress.com
9.52%
Other..tell me what you have in mind
0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

2007 Official Calendar

Old 11-08-2006, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

READ entire post before posting.
Deadline for EVERYTHING (birthdays, pictures, dates, money) is December 21, 2006. After that NO updates will be taken. Dont know price yet because we dont know what company we will use. But right now I want to start getting photos. EDIT your own photos how you want it to appear. by that I mean size and resolution. Dont add text yet to it.

COTM Winners 2006
1. Choose ONE(or two if you photochop it somehow) picture of your car
2. List-- Month you won-- Year/Model-- Username.. ON HERE, not in your photo
3. Post link on here or post the picture itself

COTY Winners 2005 If someone wants to photoshop the front cover let me konw. That way it could look more uniform
1. Choose ONE picture only since there is two of you. We will do half viper, half madjohn (dependin if someone photoshops it)
2. List-- year/model-- username ON HERE not in your photo
3. Post link on here or post the picture itself

Birthdays Post like I did. Mod will delete the post once the list is updated to avoid clutter
Homey14h- November 1

Dates List important KNOWN Hyundai Dates

Pictures...Under here is where we will post each winners pictures. ONLY WINNERS POST RIGHT NOW

KINKOS
1. No price drop for bulk buy. so $20 a pop
2. we CAN customize the back
3. 300dpi for best quality
4. ABLE to customize days

LULU.com (online site)
1. There IS a price drop for bulk buy. So for like 26 calendars its like $15-$17 dependin on the quality of calendar and size we get. I would say the 13"x9" gloss paper. the standard is 11x8 with normal paper I think.
2. CAN NOT customise the back. Ill call to verify.
3. 300dpi for best quality
4. ABLE to customize days
Here are some things on the website...
5. For the Standard Calendar--->11x8.5 closed, 11x17 open... Cover--stock full color, unlaminated 100# Cover stock, C2S, 90 bright white. Interior paper- full color, 100# C2S gloss text
6. Upload JPG/ GIF for the interior pictures...Cover sheet can use JPG/ GIF/ or PNG
7. For the Premium Calendar---. 13.5x19...100# Avon Brilliant White Cover stock
^^^5, 6,7 is what it says on the site lol Im not terribly sure what it means so dont ask

PRICE for lulu.com.. More we sell, less the price obviously
Standard, 26 copies sold is about $12
Premium, 26 copies sold is about $16

Cafepress.com
1. the 11x 8.5 comes on hi gloss paper!
2. CANT customize the last page
3. CANT customize dates
4. Here is a calendar from a subaru forum... Suby Calendar
5. CANT edit text onto the picture. This has to be done BEFORE I upload it, meaning yall have to add your own text to the picture.
6. Its just the cover, and the months, thats it

When you post up the picture, let me know if there is a special way I have to save it to keep it at the resoultion you posted. I am just going to save this to either my computer, or just to my memory stick

NEED--someone to photoshop the front cover, and the colage (if we choose a company that allows the colage)
Old 11-08-2006, 01:23 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

Not sure on the prices of cafepress

funkypc - April 10
Old 11-08-2006, 01:26 PM

Cafe press is around $15-18 dependin on quality, etc
Old 11-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Banned

i would say it would be nicer to go with kinkos, for the fact that it will be alot more customized to our wants for customized back, text for certain days.. itll be a more personal calendar, and be nicer to have around and keep around to look back on.

so 20$ for a high quality, hopefully laminated for durability (at least cover and back page) is a good deal. we would only be spending 5$ more than any other place, yet have a lot more options to play with.

what resolution do you want the pictures in.. it would look like crap if people submitted 800X600 resolution pics and they were gonna be on paper that would require 1024X768 to look right. ya know..

SOCKS - July 4th
1swttib - August 31st

for COTM i won: JULY 06 - 2001/Tiburon - SOCKS

i will post a pic sometime soon, i need to pic one and have it all touched up and stuff.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:42 PM

I like the idea of customizing the back...

Xtremeskier - February 26
Old 11-08-2006, 01:46 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

Yeah the back customization is a cool idea. But how will we decide which pics will go there? Vote, Poll, Dibs, First to post pics? lol

TopSpeedFX - August 30th
Old 11-08-2006, 01:51 PM

for the back...we will only do that, IF kinkos wins. Ill call right now to check on the quality of the paper. We have one at home and I think it looks good, but I cant remember the paper type.
for the back though each member post ONE picture up( if kinkos wins) then someone photochop it and arrange it however then TA DAAAA thats it lol

DO NOT POST PICS UNLESS YOUVE WON COTM OR COTY...not yet anyways
"laser 80" is the paper its printed on kinkos said. Thats what ALL pages are printed on even the cover
To make it "glossy" is NO extra charge. lol he couldnt figure it out so he said itll just be included lmao
Old 11-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Banned

obviously this is just a quick idea of what we could do with the back of the calendar, which would be really neat and look really nice..

it would have a different, more appealing style and different cars, text, etc..
Old 11-08-2006, 02:02 PM

^^Depending on how many people post up pics we could divide each block up. so if 24 people post up a picture (since theres 12 blocks) put 2 cars in each block

Use the font for "rdtib.com" that we use on this site, and also include "where tuning blah blah" part as well

Someone EDIT my first post please Put the things in BOLD only..but dont make it bold when you edit it
Put this under BIRTHDAYS
Funkypc-- April 10
SOCKS-- July 4
1swttib-- Aug 31
Xtremeskier-- Feb 26
TopSpeedFX-- Aug 30

Put this under PICTURES, only put whats in BOLD but dont make it in bold when you edit it... Once they start posting picture we will go in, and put the pictures under each members month and name. I dont know everyones year, so that will be added later
Jan-- Majiktib
Feb-- Blacktibby00 2000 Tiburon
March-- Hyper25 2000 Tiburon
April-- Rd1tib 1997 Tiburon
May-- Braker
June-- phorq 2001 Tiburon
July-- SOCKS 2001 Tiburon
Aug-- Cottonmouth 1999 Tiburon
Sep-- Nightshark 1997 Tiburon
Oct-- Landshark16
Nov--
Dec--
COTY
Viper966-- 2000 Tiburon
Mad_john-- 1996 Tiburon

Once the 1st post is edited, you can delete this post
Old 11-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Banned

those fonts and everything are just there for something to see, who knows if people will fork over the extra 4$ to get the higher quality calender so we can customize the back.. lol

and unless i/missy will be the one designing the back, im not gonna waste time getting certain fonts, etc. and spending an hour on it.. that was just a 5 min idea on what the back 'could' look like.

heres another example: MISSY DID THIS ONE

if we have 12 cars for the months and 12-15 on the back, thats 27 of the sites car, which should be enough.. and if we had 24 cars on the back, including the history of rd, or whatever cool text we put on the back.. the pictures will be like 1.5" X 1" which would be uber small..

FYI< mad john doesnt have a rd1 muxh less a 1996 tiburon.. its an rd2.....