Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

2 beta motors= 10.6 sec. Tiburon

Old 12-28-2001, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default 2 beta motors= 10.6 sec. Tiburon

Anyone see the newest issue of Sport Compact Car? On page 80 there is a 1998 Tiburon with a motor that powers the front wheels and a motor in the trunk that powers the rear wheels. Both motors are turbo charged and run off of methanol w/ nitrous injection. The car looks totaly stock on the outside with a couple of lame ass stickers, and thats how the owner suckers all kinds of people to race him for money not realizing the true capabilites of his car. Pick up the issue! Its ****ing rad!
Old 12-28-2001, 11:22 PM

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's a car out of El Paso, TX. McIntyre is the name of the team / dealer that created that monster...they make various sorts of turbocharging apps as well as meth injection kits. It used to be black...but with the press they're starting to get, they might have gotten a more show-like paint job done.
Old 12-29-2001, 02:00 AM

Originally posted by Iago:
[QBthey make various sorts of turbocharging apps as well as meth injection kits.[/QB]

a syringe would do just fine- no need to buy a kit!! wink.gif
Old 12-29-2001, 04:54 AM

Iago, McIntyre is the maker of that car. it is still black, but they got some big stickers on the side. Anyways in the article he said some thing about having two transmissions, and to burn out he puts one in drive and one in reverse so the wheels go in opposite directions.
Old 12-29-2001, 03:31 PM

I actually happened to come across the magazine at B&N this evening, and read the article. It was pretty good...did a good job of making McIntyre seem like a pimp at the end, although they *did* play off of the usual "Hyundais suck" image... I thought they also made him sound a little amateurish...things like "sloppy engine bay" that reveals little to nothing, and saying that the two transmissions / engines / throttles are synced with little more than "dumb luck." rolleyes.gif It was good to see that the car was in there, nonetheless! I left the magazine at the front of the stack, opened to that two-page spread.

And it said he could get a killer burnout by putting one into drive and the other reverse...not that he actually does or has. With two meth and turboed engines pulling in opposite directions, I think you'd get a little more than a sweet burnout...you'd probably get two half-sharks! eek.gif
Old 12-29-2001, 04:45 PM

yeah it did seem like they were bashing hyundais. talkin bout having an unpowerful beta engine, and hyundai boy go home. But made up for it at the end by giving his car props talkin bout how it beats feraris and stuff. I wanna see him run.
Old 01-10-2002, 07:51 PM

Well, next issue, they will have the results. What is cool is the application for next year's competition. You big moderators should submit your cars...
Old 01-10-2002, 08:28 PM

Vehicle: Custom Wagon

A long time ago before I bought my Hyundai I talked to one of the guys from Mcintyre and they said that they used nitrous to get the car out of hole. And to help the turbos spool up. Don't know how true that was but thats what they told me anyway. But I heard that the company that did the methonal cooled turbos went out of business. Someone has relocated them but not sure where and if they are under the same name as before though.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Company currently selling the kit is Dragon Fabrications.

Yes, they show a nitrous bottle in the back seat of the 2 Engine tibby in the magazine.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:25 PM

who has the video of it running the qm?!!!