Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

1 in 3 Americans Still Don't Believe In Evolution

Old 01-01-2014, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon
Default 1 in 3 Americans Still Don't Believe In Evolution

One in three Americans doesn't believe in evolution, according to new survey results from the Pew Research Center.The results, released Monday in report on views about human evolution, show that 33 percent of Americans think "humans and other living things have existed in their present form since the beginning of time."

Wow, I knew there were a number of Americans who didn't 'believe' in evolution, but I didn't know there were this many Americans who didn't.

Do you guys find this surprising at all?
Old 01-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

... Waits for our resident conservatives to point out that evolution is just a theory, but they KNOW God is real.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I am def a believer in evolution.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Micro evolution is real, and currently happening

Macro evolution is a fairy tale that starts with 'once upon a time . . . BANG'
Old 01-04-2014, 09:21 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Dinosaurs were put here to confuse scientists.

Yeti is real and so is chupacabra.

God exists because a book said so, it also never mentions penguins so they are devil animals sent by Satan to destroy us all.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Nooo.. Dinosaurs and people lived at the same time.

Theory 1:

Theory 2:

Old 01-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You see? Without definitive proof nobody can be sure. We can make fun of each others' positions all day and get nowhere, or we can acknowledge that there is actual science that both sides can argue. Since nobody was there making video when the whole deal started, you will have to take it on faith one way or the other. Whether or not you are willing to acknowledge 'a God' in principle makes a huge difference as to which camp you end up joining.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I think it's funny that over the last few years, it has been the atheists that have been trying to push their beliefs on others more than the bible bangers.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

I am middle of the road in this fight.. I think there is a God like presence, but I don't back any of the organized faiths. I also think/hope that it will be explained by science one day. Place whatever title you would like to that, I prefer infidel. I don't trust people enough to believe any of them as being the one with the whole truth and who God worked through to give said truth. (Note: I would love to be able to read the original texts that created the modern bible in their original language but I don't have the time to learn it.. or go find them if that is even remotely possible - that is something else all together) I do think the Ark thing with the dinosaurs is funny.. I also find that story being a favorite for telling kids a bit, disturbing. I remember that being one taught and talked about a lot when I attended Bible study as a kiddo. Mass genocide... not a warm fuzzy tale IMO.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Originally Posted by JonGTR
I think it's funny that over the last few years, it has been the atheists that have been trying to push their beliefs on others more than the bible bangers.

Really? Religion has been forced on people for thousands of years, many times under threat of death. A bunch of people finally say, "stop pushing this fantasy crap on me" and that's called "pushing their beliefs on others"?