Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

02 Lanos Bolt Pattern?

Old 12-02-2002, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Lanos Bolt Pattern?

Gunna get some rims for my car maybe next weekend. Anyone know the Bolt Pattern to the 2002 Daewoo Lanos? I hear its pretty common, same as the integras and civics?

Also, would 17" fit? or would that be a bit of a stretch?
Old 12-02-2002, 10:24 AM

The bolt pattern is the standard 4-100 set up (4 lugs, 100mm diameter). As for the tyre size. I would advise you stick with a tyre that maintains the stock overall diameter of 22.8". However, that's kinda hard to do exactly, so we go for the next best thing...My choice would be to go up to 205/40-16s (22.5" overall). If you use a 17 inch tyre...you could use a 215/35 17...the overall diameter is 22.9". Be careful not to get a tyre with a larger diameter than stock. What that means is that your speedomoter will no doubt run pesimistic...ie, it will show a slower speed than you are actually doing...Then again, most speedomoeters are inherently optimistic anyway (show speeds faster than you actually go...up to 10-15mph error sometimes!!).
With my car, I have to be careful with the width of the tyre as well. The rear fender is one of those horizontal types (not rounded like the Lanos), so I have to clear that bit as well...So my personal choice would be to go for 195mm width...tops. (I actually want 195/50-15s)

[ December 02, 2002, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: tango ]
Old 12-02-2002, 10:46 AM

Hey thanks a lot for the info tango, i'll keep all that in mind.

Just one more question, if the speedo is going slower and i have larger tires, if my math is right, i'd actually be putting on LESS kilometers then what i would actually be putting on? hence a longer warranty?

Ive had my car for 3 months and ive put 12,000 K's on it already :/
Old 12-03-2002, 08:22 AM

Your Math is exemplary, D4!! If you use bigger wheels, then the speedomoeter reads a slower speed (becasue of less revolutions made by the larger tyre to cover the same distance of the smaller tyre), then the odometer reads less distance travelled. And thus..if you wanna put it that way..longer on the warranty wink
Now check this out:
For each inch of increase in (overall) diameter of tyre (ie say 22" to 23") the increase in circumfrence is pi...or 3.141592654. It follows that the larger tyre travels a distance of pi less than the smaller one...that is 3.14" (or ~8cm). You can use the rest of your Mathematical skills to find out how much less reading overall you can expect per kilometre...Good luck!
Old 12-03-2002, 02:39 PM

"Your Math is exemplary, D4!!"

Hey I wish you coulda told that to my old math teachers smile.gif

Invest $1000 in some new rims and tires, AND pro long my warranty? sounds like a win/win situation to me! tongue.gif
Old 12-04-2002, 08:53 AM

Firstly, what I noticed is that Math grows on you. The less you HAVE to do it the easier it becomes...Ever noticed that people without much education in math can look at the coins in your hand and KNOW how much it is at a glance?!? Sheesh! I got A Level Math and still don't know my time-tables!!
Secondly, I have heard that although you can get the 17s to fit they may still rub (due to the width)....So your tyres may last less than you had hoped. You'd be surprised at the difference 10mmm can make...