Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

It’s hard when everyone resents you for your looks

Old 04-05-2012, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Tiburon GT
Default It’s hard when everyone resents you for your looks

Throughout my adult life, I’ve regularly had bottles of bubbly or wine sent to my restaurant table by men I don’t know. Once, a well-dressed chap bought my train ticket when I was standing behind him in the queue, while there was another occasion when a charming gentleman paid my fare as I stepped out of a cab in Paris.

Another time, as I was walking through London’s Portobello Road market, I was tapped on the shoulder and presented with a beautiful bunch of flowers. Even bar tenders frequently shoo my credit card away when I try to settle my bill.

And whenever I’ve asked what I’ve done to deserve such treatment, the donors of these gifts have always said the same thing: my pleasing appearance and pretty smile made their day.

They don’t realise you are just as vulnerable as they are. It’s hard when everyone resents you for your looks. Men think “what’s the point, she’s out of my league” and don’t ask you out. And women don’t want to hang out with someone more attractive than they are.’

So now I’m 41 and probably one of very few women entering her fifth decade welcoming the decline of my looks. I can’t wait for the wrinkles and the grey hair that will help me blend into the background.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz1qzYgLVtZ

Delusional much?

Old 04-05-2012, 12:50 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

L O L

"Even bar tenders frequently shoo my credit card away when I try to settle my bill."

Yeah, that's how bartenders earn their living, paying drinks for random women. This would be total BS even if she was hot (which is obviously far from the truth here)
Old 04-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Don't forget you're talking about a chick in the UK here . . . she's practically Helen of Troy over there.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:29 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I'm in love with my GPS voice too. I don't think she's all bad, she looks like a nice lady.

Women don't get the fact that something like 80% (or more!) of the time, males do stuff like this b/c they want to lay them and leave them. But underneath, 80%+ women want it just as bad, so that's why you end up with this.

Ask Freud and Darwin. Sex is one of nature's most powerful tools and it doesn't stop at beauty.