Nitrous Oxide (NOS, Zex, NX Express, Venom, etc) This forum is for Nitrous Oxide discussions, and an area for folks to ask questions about Nitrous Oxide and related parts.

Zex NOS - retail in the USA

Old 04-16-2002, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ZEX is a dry kit. It goes for around $500 retail.
Old 04-17-2002, 06:05 AM
Red

They make wet single-fogger kits...

I can find a dry NX kit for about $440 + shipping, looks like the wet kits are around another $30-50 because of the 2nd solenoid and different nozzle.
Old 04-17-2002, 06:32 PM

Hey Red, could you tell me where you are getting that price? I am looking at getting the NX wet kit, but don't know where to order from.
Old 04-17-2002, 07:30 PM
Red

I have a friend locally who can get jobber prices on some of this stuff. I'll likely USE the NOS equipment only because of the higher-strength solenoids I can get for less overall total system cost.

A progressive controller works by switching the nitrous (and fuel, if using a wet system) solenoids on and off very rapidly. With a set of "normal" solenoids and a radical progressive controller, you could burn those out in a matter of months.

Both Nitrous Express (NX) and Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS) have alternative solenoids they offer as stronger replacement parts for their fogger systems. It just so happens I can get a better deal overall on a full NOS direct-port progressive kit versus a full NX kit of equal capability.

Otherwise, for a single fogger wet system, you can check online in quite a few places. I've seen NOS direct-port systems go for $620 online, which is better than $100 under MSRP.
Old 04-17-2002, 07:35 PM

I was thinking of the NX "Shark nozzle" kit. It is just a single nozzle wet kit. The direct port would be nice but would be awfully hard to remove for warranty purposes.
Old 04-17-2002, 09:22 PM

Vehicle: 00 elantra

I read in an import magazine that NOS is coming out with a new item that replaces the spark plug(?). It is an alternative to drilling another hole into the IM. Has anyone seen this yet?
Old 04-18-2002, 11:11 AM

MadElantra .... It does not replace the spark plug, rather it fits around the injector. The concept is great, however due to the high-end nature of the nozzle, these are killer expensive.

NOSzle Injection system
NOSzle - high res pic

[ April 18, 2002, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Digital ]